Fri, Sep 20, 8:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: In my Grubby little hands....!

cckens ( ) posted Wed, 05 June 2002 at 3:03 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 8:44 AM

My copy is in hand!!! Unfortunately I won't be able to play with it until tonight after work. The documentation is well above the re-hash of v1.1, though there are some things that remain the same. Still comes with Amapi 5 and the content CD looks to be the same (just a cursory glance at the directories). I hope that Bones and Skinning work out well. I have some Vertex objs that could benefit from this. More Later! CCKENS

tkane18 ( ) posted Wed, 05 June 2002 at 4:15 PM

We expect a full report in the morning.

cristianr ( ) posted Wed, 05 June 2002 at 4:37 PM

I just placed my order, I have to save money so I am shipping it ground. I guess that the donkey will be here some time next week.

ashley3d ( ) posted Wed, 05 June 2002 at 5:06 PM

Cristianr, Man, I can't believe you could afford a Donkey. All I could afford was the Quadriplegic Dwarf with no sense of directions. I'll Just have to be patent. Maybe I can spend my time picking at the leather walls...Hahahahahuaua

Jcleaver ( ) posted Wed, 05 June 2002 at 6:30 PM

Ashley3d, You have leather walls? All I could afford was the vinyl walls!!!

cckens ( ) posted Wed, 05 June 2002 at 6:53 PM

Vinyl?!? We'd have died for vinyl walls!! We made due with leaves piled around so that we could pick at them!!!

ashley3d ( ) posted Wed, 05 June 2002 at 9:21 PM

It's now 9:20PM Texas time, where is the report? I can't imagine anyone actually reading the technical manuals before installing the software. BET "CCKENS" HAS FORGOTTEN ALL OF US AND IS PLAYING WITH IT RIGHT NOW. P.s we would have killed for a (single) leave. We were so poor we couldn't afford a hole in the ground

cckens ( ) posted Wed, 05 June 2002 at 11:25 PM

Oh-geez-golly-yes I'm playing with this, and I haven't had so much fun with tutorials since I don't know when!!! The interface for setting up bones and structures is so simplistic that it's a wonder how anyone tried to build characters in C before this! Give me some time for the models, but I think I got the interface down! The rendering is sped up a lot more. My little 650MHz/256MB AMD machine just gobbled through one of my older renders in record time (approx 10-25% faster, I think). This is a plus! The Caustics and illumination will have to wait, but litst and the others have already shown that feature and I can't wait to try it. I know others will have more to say than I, but this opinion coming from a relative duffer at this, it's a lot more friendly than, say, LW, and a lot cheaper!

ashley3d ( ) posted Thu, 06 June 2002 at 5:17 AM

CCKENS, Thanks for the info. Now, I can have sweet dreams of Carrara dancing in my head.

jval ( ) posted Thu, 06 June 2002 at 11:08 AM

We had a piece of a leaf once but someone tried to kill us for it. For the last 20 years we've been trying to find a scrap of lichen or mold- getting kind of hungry... Can't comment on the hole in the ground. Never been anyplace rich enough to have any, the hole or the ground... I sure hope that Carrara 2 has at least a little taste to it. Can't tell for a while though... think it's stuck to the bottom of a wandering snail somewhere...

jval ( ) posted Thu, 06 June 2002 at 11:13 AM

For those of you still awaiting confirmation my initial order was confirmed May 14. I just now rec'd shipping confirmation on June 6, not too bad I guess. They said "This completes your order." Hah... not until that snail get's here it doesn't... grin...

cristianr ( ) posted Thu, 06 June 2002 at 1:11 PM

There must be seriously back logged and demand for C2 must be big. If you order May 14 and they shipped it one day after the initial shipment day. Hell I might have to weight 4 days just to get confirmation on my order. I guess that's what I get for updating all my other software and spending all my money do in it, and having to weight till know to order my copy. It's going to be so cool once I get every thing running on OS X!!!

cckens ( ) posted Thu, 06 June 2002 at 1:45 PM

When I picked up my copy at TGS office in SD, CA, there were a TON of boxes awaiting shipment in their lobby. I'm just glad that I was able to and decided to pick up my copy. I'm not knocking you guys who have to wait, I've been in that position more than once, but I think that it will DEFINITELY be worth it. cckens

keithw ( ) posted Thu, 06 June 2002 at 2:48 PM

I got my copy today at about 2:15 CDT. Keith

Kixum ( ) posted Thu, 06 June 2002 at 8:00 PM

Grrr!ouch.gif Yes! I'm Mr. Impatience! -Kix

-Kix

cristianr ( ) posted Fri, 07 June 2002 at 9:08 AM

I guess I must be very patient, I am all happy just because I got notice from Eovia that my copy will ship with in 2 to 3 days, and I ordered it with ground shipping. I must be patient... I must be patient... I must be...

ashley3d ( ) posted Fri, 07 June 2002 at 10:22 AM

Hey Cristianr, Mine too is by gound, but my confirmation said it would take six day before will arrive here in Texas. Now with my extensive travel around the world I know that it only takes 4 days (regular mail)to go from the East seaboard to West coast. Add another day for West coast to East, but 6 day??? Are the shipping from Hawaii or Alaska? I can't wait any longer.......Ahhhhhhhhhh

cckens ( ) posted Fri, 07 June 2002 at 10:31 AM

ashley3d, Try California... Like I said, they had a TON o'boxes ready to go out... so if it's TX, then it may be shorter... y'never know...

cristianr ( ) posted Fri, 07 June 2002 at 12:06 PM

aschley3d: I might sound to optimistic, but they usually give you a horrible E.T.A. so that they cover there buts. You will probably see your software sooner. I got a message saying that mine would ship in 2 to three days, then it will be 4 to 7 more for the shipment to actually take place. I am axioms to, but try to think that I am not to ease the pain.
Question: How can you get the little yellow expression faces on these posts??

Kixum ( ) posted Fri, 07 June 2002 at 4:03 PM

I got mine!!!!!!!!!! Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I just have to finish work and go home to use it! -Kix lol.gif

-Kix

cckens ( ) posted Fri, 07 June 2002 at 6:52 PM

Have fun, Kix, gods know that I have been! cckens

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.