Wed, Sep 18, 11:38 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: I need to know!!!

Tyranny ( ) posted Sun, 09 June 2002 at 1:36 AM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 5:57 PM

ok, heres the thing.

I was wondering and need to know
if there is a way, at all to load my
own Palettes into bryce, so that i
can use them, instead of, the normal
one that is used.

If there is a way to load my own
palettes into Bryce, then could
someone plz let me know, and tell
me how, i may do so... plz n thanks.

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sun, 09 June 2002 at 4:51 AM

Define "Palettes"?

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

Tyranny ( ) posted Sun, 09 June 2002 at 5:18 AM

one with 256 colors in it... it's a palette that was made up, using a diffrent program. "pp256" <--- just a PIXELplus 256, that can be used in dos. "if that helps?"

tjohn ( ) posted Sun, 09 June 2002 at 5:28 AM

Short of being able to hack the code, I don't think so. The palette you get when setting the colors in the DTE has access to all available colors depending on the screen resolution you have chosen for Windows, I believe. Can't say about the Mac, tho.

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

Tyranny ( ) posted Sun, 09 June 2002 at 5:56 AM

that's odd because, there should be a way, :/ an it's annoying me to all end. DTE ? my computer has icky windows on it.

ringbearer ( ) posted Sun, 09 June 2002 at 8:29 AM

If you alt+click the color swatch it will bring up a box where you can set your colors using RGB, HSL, etc. Ctrl+Alt+click the color swatch will bring up your windows palette. If you have custom colors saved, then you could access them from there. Hope this is what you are looking for. Arleen

There are a lot of things worse than dying, being afraid all the time would be one.

My Gallery

Tyranny ( ) posted Sun, 09 June 2002 at 10:01 AM

okies, i'm lost now :/ the little thingy under the A ?? I dunno, if it's the lack of sleep getting to me, or what. But I'll try to figure ... thanks again every one. but if anyone comes up with any other ideas, plz let me know, thanks...

Tyranny ( ) posted Sun, 09 June 2002 at 10:48 AM

ok, i just tryed that, n the only thing is, I do not need to change the color of the mesh thing. what i need to do, i mean. after the image is rendered i need the colors to, be of a sertian palette that only had 256colors in it. but I tryed and i get nothing.

Aldaron ( ) posted Sun, 09 June 2002 at 11:09 AM

You select colors in the material editor by clicking the little m when an object is selected. Do you have a manual?

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sun, 09 June 2002 at 3:38 PM

Oh...I understand (I think) You need your finished render to be only 256 colors (for some reason). Like in Photoshop, I can bring up a palette of colors that are for painting in a restriction of only 256 colors vs. millions. You want to do that in Bryce. (if my thinking is correct) No. There isn't a way to do that in Bryce, it will only render in millions of colors. You will have to that to your finished render in another (2D) program, sorry. AgentSmith

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

Aldaron ( ) posted Sun, 09 June 2002 at 3:46 PM

What if his windows desktop is only set-up for 256 colors, would Bryce still render in the millions?

Tyranny ( ) posted Sun, 09 June 2002 at 5:41 PM

his?

naw, why I needed to know, is because my
bf is gaming a game. In good old QB :/
but his games are grate and he knows
how to code. But that not the problem
is the qb only if i remember right
allows 256 colors. I know i know only
256color.

oh, well thanks anyways.

kicks Bryce uhg, why can't to behave ;P

oh, i know how to get the render kinda
samed into 256 colors just not with the
pal i need, oh well. heh

Thanks anyways.

Tyranny

bikermouse ( ) posted Sun, 09 June 2002 at 6:13 PM

You need to look at converting to 256 colors after you do your render. The book that helped me most in this regard was Dave Roberts "PC Game Programming". I think it was a SAMS book.(probably out of print by now.) I made my own converters some time ago which work quite well but are proprietory to myself. I will give you a hint however, histograms - the secret is knowing how to manipulate data gatered by histograms. Message671410.jpg "Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain..."

bikermouse ( ) posted Sun, 09 June 2002 at 6:15 PM

QBASIC ?

Aldaron ( ) posted Sun, 09 June 2002 at 8:50 PM

Sorry, I'm terrible with names and gender on message boards. Message671414.jpg

Tyranny ( ) posted Mon, 10 June 2002 at 2:05 AM

heh yep, Qbasic. thats what my bf is using heheh, still. oh well.

genders n names. heh
well then, looks down, yep, I'm all female. :)

bikermouse what did you mean by that. ??

^.^

bikermouse ( ) posted Mon, 10 June 2002 at 5:00 AM

by what? QBASIC: You can't write a game in qbasic. at least not anything good. if he doesn't mind dos and borland c you might check with SAMS PUBLISHING to see if they still sell a C book that has the borland 3.1 compiler included. I know I got one at Barnes and Noble years ago. converter: a seperate piece of software that converts the colors after you leave poser? proprietary: It's mine and I ain't sharing. might sell licensed copies of it but this is not the place for an ad. histograms: they count the number of times each color is used in a file. (you usually see this info in a graph where the x direction represents the increasing color value and the y direction represents the number of times each color is used.) the quote is from the wizard of oz - who being ahead of his time was probably the first earth person to use a computer to do (holographic?) graphics effects using a computer. Message671422.jpg "nomatter where you go, there you are!!"

Tyranny ( ) posted Mon, 10 June 2002 at 7:12 PM

http://209.15.208.88/ <--- theres a url. to where my bf makes his games, and I think if i remember right there are a few links. try them out if you want truth the games are fun. mostly. RPGs.... Tyranny

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.