Fri, Sep 20, 2:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: alpha channel

86Corvette ( ) posted Sun, 09 June 2002 at 5:12 PM ยท edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 4:10 PM

supposedly there is a way to render alpha channels in Poser. I have poser 4 pro...but I can't find a way to render to alpha channel. Can anyone help me here pls. Thx

FyreSpiryt ( ) posted Sun, 09 June 2002 at 5:28 PM

If you save to a tif or a psd file, the alpha channel will be embedded in it. You can then get to it with Paint Shop Pro, Photoshop, or a similar program.

Edgar ( ) posted Mon, 10 June 2002 at 1:14 AM

If you're rendering animations, you'll get Alpha Channels depending on the CODEC you use. Some have it, some don't. You can tell which ones do by seeing if there's an option for "millions +" colors. The "+" stands for Alpha Channel.

Eowyn ( ) posted Mon, 10 June 2002 at 6:56 AM

You can also paint the alpha channel yourself, if necessary :)

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Mon, 10 June 2002 at 3:46 PM

Two codecs that support the alpha channel: Full Frames (uncompressed 32-bit colour) and Huffyuv.

86Corvette ( ) posted Mon, 10 June 2002 at 6:10 PM

thx guys!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.