Wed, Sep 18, 11:47 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Opinion question...

MyBludRunsOrange ( ) posted Thu, 13 June 2002 at 8:55 AM · edited Sat, 03 August 2024 at 6:27 AM

Which is the better overall program? Bryce or Poser? It seems to m bryce is more geared toward the Landscaping end of the 3d modeling market while Poser is more geared toward modeling characters/people, etc. am I correct in thinking that? Also, what kind of options does bryce give in terms of exporting to FLASH? Thanks!

cambert ( ) posted Thu, 13 June 2002 at 9:28 AM

am I correct in thinking that? Completely correct. They have different, complementary functions They're both very good at what they do - it's like comparing apples and bananas in that respect - but Bryce does render much better. what kind of options does bryce give in terms of exporting to FLASH? None that I'm aware of. I'd be interested if there's something like this that I don't know about.

MyBludRunsOrange ( ) posted Thu, 13 June 2002 at 9:35 AM

aware that poser does or can be used in conjunction with flash. Poser files are imported into swift3dI believe and converted to flash format... www.flashkit.com You can find info on it on their boards.... t effective package to go with? Lightwave? Plasma? 3dSM? Maya? Thanks

tjohn ( ) posted Thu, 13 June 2002 at 9:41 AM

I agree with Cambert on this one. Most of my renders are done in Bryce, due to a better and more flexible render engine. You also have procedural textures in Bryce, and better lighting options. Still, if you are doing a human object character study without the need for a lot of props or environmental objects, Poser is capable of very good (and fast) results. In general, like Cambert says, the programs are complimentary. No question that most Bryce artwork can benefit from the addition of a Poser figure, and Poser figures render better in Bryce. The only drawback in rendering Poser figures in Bryce is the steep learning curve in "adjusting" the Poser figure textures, transparency maps, etc., so that they work properly in Bryce. It is well worth the time spent, though.

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

MyBludRunsOrange ( ) posted Thu, 13 June 2002 at 9:59 AM

Thanks a ton for the information guys... I'll have to make a decision soon then...

EricofSD ( ) posted Thu, 13 June 2002 at 10:39 PM

I like both, started with Bryce 3d in '98 and upgraded over time. Finally bought poser pro couple months ago. Great combination. Look on ebay, they come up from time to time. You can do a lot in Bryce and of course, it has more to learn than Poser. Right now I only use poser to enhance bryce renders with people. You can still find people meshes online for free and import them to Bryce. If it was one or the other, I'd choose Bryce first, its more fun.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.