Fri, Sep 20, 12:47 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Carrara Reviews

aeryk71 ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2000 at 1:07 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 12:27 AM

Does anybody know where I can read some good reviews of Carrara? I am interested in buying it, but am unsure whether it is the right product for me. Thanks, aeryk71

Spike ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2000 at 1:44 PM

If you describe what you need to do I am sure many people will be glad to tell you if it can do it. If it's advanced modeling you need you might look at Rhino If it's great renders and everything else then Carrara is for you. Just my thoughts Spike

You can't call it work if you love it... Zen Tambour

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2000 at 1:55 PM

All 3D applications have there various pathologies. Carrara is no exception. I use it because, for the money, it's a really, really robust application. Carrara does so much so well that I have a hard time legitimetly saying much wrong against it. Terrains, multi-res meshes, spline modeling, cool light effects and enhanced shaders over RayDream make this a gotta have tool in my arsenal of 3D. Like the Adobe suite of products, the controls from Bryce, Poser and now Carrara all function pretty similarly so blending the uses of the programs is relatively easy. Hope you make the choice that's right for you. Mark

viper ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2000 at 2:52 PM

I just bought Carrara the other day Because I wanted to learn basic modeling and for its rendering capabilites, and so far I like.

ClintH ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2000 at 4:02 PM

aeryk71, I read a lot of 3D magazines. I havent seen a full review of Carrara in any of them yet. One thing you could do is go to www.onelist.com and Search for Carrara. Join the Carrara Mailing List. There are images, Bug lists and posts from current Carrara users. I own RDS 5.5 and Carrara ... I enjoy them both. Carrara has the potential to be a fine product as long as MC addresses some specific issues with the initial release. Regards, Clint Hawkin-Z GraF-X Add-Ons for the Digital Artist www.bbay.com/hawkins

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

aeryk71 ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2000 at 7:20 PM

Thanks Everyone for your input. I have been using Bryce for a while, and am now debating trying to create more complex images, animations, and my own models. And Clint, your shaders look awesome... I will probably be shopping from you very soon, when my Carrara shows up. :-) Aeryk71

ClintH ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2000 at 7:23 PM

Aerky71, Sounds good. Keep us updated on how Carrara does for you once you get it. Regards, Clint

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.