Fri, Sep 20, 3:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Tutorial / helpful hints on importing Poser character to C2?

milamber42 ( ) posted Thu, 13 June 2002 at 9:13 AM · edited Tue, 17 September 2024 at 4:36 AM

Does anyone have a tutorial for importing Poser characters into C2 yet? or any helpful hints? Is there a way to get C2 to import the Poser materials so that the transmaps for the eyelashes can be applied? Any hints on hair transmaps?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

rbjensen ( ) posted Thu, 13 June 2002 at 1:38 PM

I am not an expert, but I was playing around with this myself. I exported from Poser and set the option for grouped objects. When the model came into C2, I could expand in the sequencer tray and see the different parts of the model. In my case, the hair was named "neck". I selected "neck", went to the Shader room and the color texture was properly applied. I was able to add the transmap and get good results. I had a similar issue with the eyes. The eyes imported without texture, but I was able to select each eye, go to the Shader room and apply an eye texture map. As for eyelashes, the eyelashes were part of the head. I selected the head, went to the Shader room and applied the eyelashes transmap, but unfortunately, this didn't work. I am not sure why. These are my experiences -- if there is a tutorial or better methodology, I would be glad to see it.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.