Mon, Sep 23, 4:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 2:16 pm)

Subject: Just a bit of headcount for own uses :)

VIDandCGI ( ) posted Tue, 18 June 2002 at 12:35 PM Ā· edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 4:28 PM

How many folks here hail from the UK?

raven ( ) posted Tue, 18 June 2002 at 12:54 PM

Me!!!!

chohole ( ) posted Tue, 18 June 2002 at 12:55 PM

I do (London)

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to developĀ  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

billy-home ( ) posted Tue, 18 June 2002 at 1:36 PM

me too (Liverpool)

David_Amos ( ) posted Tue, 18 June 2002 at 1:37 PM

Me too (London)

kbennett ( ) posted Tue, 18 June 2002 at 1:44 PM

Yup. (South Devon)

c1rcle ( ) posted Tue, 18 June 2002 at 1:48 PM

I hail from Londinium caesar :)

davidm ( ) posted Tue, 18 June 2002 at 2:06 PM

Dave (in Bonnie Scotland) :-)

Everseer ( ) posted Tue, 18 June 2002 at 2:08 PM

::waves:: Leicester...and i so wanted to go to the bay area party ::sulks:: Ever

steveshanks ( ) posted Tue, 18 June 2002 at 2:11 PM

north of Newcastle :o).....Steve

williamsheil ( ) posted Tue, 18 June 2002 at 2:16 PM

Bill (Scotland too)

c1rcle ( ) posted Tue, 18 June 2002 at 2:23 PM

same here Everseer, but difficult with no passport & not enough money. ps for those that don't know the romans built a city called Londinium when they invaded us and we sort of kept it and called it London. end of history lesson :) Rob

steveshanks ( ) posted Tue, 18 June 2002 at 2:32 PM

Maybe we should have a UK poser meet, i'm up for it :o)....Steve

AlShoshana ( ) posted Tue, 18 June 2002 at 2:36 PM

sad brit..... Plymouth but moving to Reading next week......wishing it was usa so could go to conventions, parties, and general good time had by american posers. I feel so deprived (yes, okay, I'm jealous) ps......what uses?

Lyrra ( ) posted Tue, 18 June 2002 at 2:58 PM

expat signing in from NYC :) Don't think I count though. sigh

c1rcle ( ) posted Tue, 18 June 2002 at 3:04 PM

yeah I agree steve, but where? and could we persuade someone from CL to fly all that way? (nudge nudge, wink wink, bloody great obvious hint) Rob

c1rcle ( ) posted Tue, 18 June 2002 at 3:04 PM

you're still one of us tho Lyrra. ;) Rob

Tuesday ( ) posted Tue, 18 June 2002 at 3:07 PM

another Brit here! (near London)

davidm ( ) posted Tue, 18 June 2002 at 3:10 PM

You count Lyrra, signing in from the beautiful Big Apple! - We all hail from the UK, and the UK weather knows all about "hail" tee hee! "Hail Caesar!" Answer: "I know" (Back to Rob's thread for a moment!) Dave (Who needs to stop leaving the tops of his smelly marker pens) :-)

steveshanks ( ) posted Tue, 18 June 2002 at 3:15 PM

If we can get something to black mail them with Rob LOL.....Well looks like the southerners outnumber the northerners and Scottish LOL so i guess London maybe...just thinking if we do have a meet and loads come from Scotland on the main Edinburgh to London line we could have a hell of a party just getting there LOL....but seriously if we do organise one i'm up to help and depending where can give a lift if the train is not suitable...Steve

c1rcle ( ) posted Tue, 18 June 2002 at 3:22 PM

I thought maybe birmingham cause it's nearer the middle and not to difficult to get to for us southeners, but meeting on the train would be fun too :) Rob ps sniffing marker pens is good fun too just watch out for the bugs crawling out of the walls.

peejay ( ) posted Tue, 18 June 2002 at 3:36 PM

Me too. North Devon. AlShoshana, I didn't know anyone was that close.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Tue, 18 June 2002 at 3:53 PM

Hey! Now you are going to make us Californians jealous because we can't fly to England. :( ::sniff!::

yggdrasil ( ) posted Tue, 18 June 2002 at 4:00 PM

I'm from Edinburgh -- Mark

Mark

hogwarden ( ) posted Tue, 18 June 2002 at 4:13 PM

Woah! Don't forget me!! (Portsmouth but moving to Petersfield soon)

BazC ( ) posted Tue, 18 June 2002 at 4:40 PM

I live near Ipswich, moving to Cambridgeshire soon. BazC

Cheers ( ) posted Tue, 18 June 2002 at 4:48 PM

Hertfordshire, although by the time you receive this London will have probably spread out to engulf me ;o) Cheers

Ā 

Twitter: Follow @the3dscene

YouTube Channel

--------------- A life?! Cool!! Where do I download one of those?---------------

idolitry ( ) posted Tue, 18 June 2002 at 5:04 PM

Yep, me too, from the wonderful north east mining region, West Yorkshire.

kupa ( ) posted Tue, 18 June 2002 at 5:06 PM

It wouldn't take much persuading to get someone from CL to hang out. We plan on attending some shows in the UK this fall, and I plan on being there in force. I would love to get together over a dinner and drinks. Once I get my schedule cleared up, I'll know what events will place me in the UK and let this crowd know accordingly. I'm a social beast. Steve Cooper

davidm ( ) posted Tue, 18 June 2002 at 5:11 PM

Wow! Thanks Koop!!! Dave :-)

Cheers ( ) posted Tue, 18 June 2002 at 5:11 PM

That is great to hear Steve ;o). Cheers

Ā 

Twitter: Follow @the3dscene

YouTube Channel

--------------- A life?! Cool!! Where do I download one of those?---------------

hogwarden ( ) posted Tue, 18 June 2002 at 6:14 PM

Raises an eyebrow in interest

Strangechilde ( ) posted Tue, 18 June 2002 at 6:45 PM

Signing in from bonny Glaschu! American-born, though. Ach well. I've been here long enough to understand the taxi drivers.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Tue, 18 June 2002 at 9:21 PM

Well, this looks like critical mass to me (and I'm not the weeist bit surprised that the British contingent is forming the next party group). Hmmm... it almost looks like there are enough users/active posters in the UK for 2 groups to coalesce over time. 19 local responders in 6 hours? :) Carolly

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Tue, 18 June 2002 at 10:50 PM

Guess you can't count my head...as I live in Atlanta. BUT, I spent a month in southern England years ago...and loved EVER minute of it. AND, I drove everwhere I went! Even the first day driving off the ferry in Dover, I headed for London and drove to the middle of the city! Not bad for a guy from the colonies, eh? Of course, I got stuck down a oneway street and had to pull over to talk to a Bobbie about how to get out...heck, we chatted for about an hour before he said he'd look the other way while I did something illegal...hehe. I stayed in a B&B in Graves End for a while. Did all the toursity things, but NOTHING can ever erase the memory of staying in a B&B out in the country. I still have the pics of the farmhouse that was built in the 17th century! Hops farmers they were and GREAT to sit and chat with. Even the table I ate breakfast at was an antique. I'm more of a photographer than a Poser, and it was a wealth of images that weekend! Ahhh, England!

sueya ( ) posted Wed, 19 June 2002 at 3:04 AM

Well, I'm from Manchester and I'm quite interested in meeting up with the rest of you.

c1rcle ( ) posted Wed, 19 June 2002 at 3:12 AM

well it looks like I have to start saving my pennies if I want to get to any of these shows that CL will be at and have money to spend on nice software :) Rob

Maz ( ) posted Wed, 19 June 2002 at 3:15 AM

I'm from north Essex and I'm up for a meeting almost anywhere. And I'd be pleased to down a few beers and chip butties with Steve Cooper.

kupa ( ) posted Wed, 19 June 2002 at 9:45 AM

Attached Link: http://www.digmedia.co.uk/

Digital Media World this fall is looking to be a possibility. Beer and Chip butties sounds awesome. Kupa

Strangechilde ( ) posted Wed, 19 June 2002 at 10:10 AM

Can we have a haggis, neeps and tatties option for the Scots?

Greebo ( ) posted Wed, 19 June 2002 at 10:20 AM

Am also from the UK. Hailing from sunny Eastbourne, only not that sunny so far. :(

Pamola ( ) posted Wed, 19 June 2002 at 11:18 AM

My Pals enderson and jarm are from the UK. They just might not have seen your post yet. Cheers! Pam

RHaseltine ( ) posted Wed, 19 June 2002 at 1:18 PM

Near Gatwick, so if Kupa could just tie a handkerchief to a copy of P5 and toss it out the window as he lands....

chohole ( ) posted Wed, 19 June 2002 at 2:32 PM

That's a good Idea RHaseltine, I am on the flight path 20 mins drive from Heathrow. I volunteer to put up a smoke signal if he makes that 2 copies.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to developĀ  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

Ian Porter ( ) posted Wed, 19 June 2002 at 4:04 PM

I'm also from the UK. Warrington, about halfway between Manchester and Liverpool. Cheers Ian

hauksdottir ( ) posted Wed, 19 June 2002 at 7:57 PM

And you expect the rest of the plane to sit calmly while Steve pulls out an armload of parachute silk and cracks open a window? Right, un-huh! If it is a planeload of folks going to that digital media conference, they'll mob him for the software! The captain's log will note "unusual turbulence inside cabin". However, there might be enough humor and human interest to make a good news story. ;^) Carolly

chohole ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2002 at 12:39 AM

And Maybe just about enough humour and human interest for someone to make a good image??????????

hauksdottir ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2002 at 2:46 AM

An image? Why not a shortshort? Remember that Twilight Zone episode about the "Terror at 20,000 feet" (or however high up they were)? We can have Steve inside the plane madly gesturing, while the Gremlin is tearing at the wing hatch (the plane can be descending through a cloud layer to make this part extra eerie)... [note, I would do the first part in black and white and then segue to color once the boxes start coming out] he reaches in deeply, then takes out colorful boxes and drops them off one by one (like a kid dropping stuff from the roof)... back to Steve inside plane where we realize that he has a checklist... back to the Gremlin hooting and dancing on the wing... then to the boxes floating colorfully down over London towards rooftops marked with large white X's. The Gremlin and Steve could then give each other the thumbs up, the Gremlin crawls inside the hatch, and we return to the inside of the plane where the landing procedure has initiated... maybe the loudspeaker is saying something about a safe arrival, and Steve could smile like a chessy cat. The model of a passenger cabin is around somewhere, and we have a Gremlin. Morphing Dan's face into Steve's is quite possible. We don't have a wing section or a complete commercial airliner that I know of, but I've never gone looking for such. Depending upon what is out there, it may need to be modeled or converted. The parachute/box-harness would require modeling, too. We ought to be able to find an aerial view of London for compositing. Carolly

steveshanks ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2002 at 4:01 AM

file_13017.jpg

Not quite what you had in mind but the urge to do a pic was to much LOL.........Steve

hauksdottir ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2002 at 7:05 AM

Your passenger should be glad that Poser doesn't come in a can the way Painter used to! If the aisle is blocked, nobody can bring him coffee. :( Hmm... how about each box carefully belted into its own seat? Carolly

c1rcle ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2002 at 8:28 AM

hey cheers which bit of Hertfordshire you in? I'm right on the edge of London here in Borehamwood within spitting distance of Barnet. Rob

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.