Sat, Sep 21, 1:50 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Blending and Merging

rikolas ( ) posted Wed, 19 June 2002 at 8:16 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 1:24 AM

Hi, i recently "aquired" photoshop, and i was wondering how to blend images, or merge them. i know there is a tool to blur , which works to some degree, but this doesnt work to blur more than one layer. any ideas please?

Heronheart ( ) posted Wed, 19 June 2002 at 9:36 AM

The blur tool has a checkbox marked "Use all layers" that will blur all visible layers at once. It's especially handy if you create a new empty layer above the layers you want to merge. You can also partially erase the top layer to blend the layers together. You can do this directly with the eraser tool or indirectly by adding a "Layer mask" to the layer you want to erase and painting in gray on the layer mask. I find the airbrush settings especially useful for both these operations. It would also be useful to know which version of Photoshop you're using. There are significant differences between 5,6 and 7. - Ken Heronheart -

rikolas ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2002 at 11:28 AM

I have Photoshop 6, but you have to bear in mind im a complete novice. iv had it a week nearly, and i dont know what im doing, or what any of the terms mean. is there anywhere i could get a "tutorial" type thing?

Heronheart ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2002 at 12:22 PM

There are any number of tutorials on the web, just go to google and type in "photoshop tutorial". In some ways you're fortunate in that the brushes in 7 are much more complex than they are in six. A book that really helped me out when I was getting started was the "Visual Quickstart guide to Photoshop". You can pick up old editions quite cheaply and most of what they say is still relevant. It's also really helpful to browse the manual that comes with Photoshop. It will give you an idea of the terminology and of what's possible. - Ken Heronheart -

retrocity ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2002 at 2:23 PM

We have a number of tutorials here as well if you look in the top of the page next to the Renderosity banner. Click on the Tutorial link and select Photoshop from the list available. Here's an example of one that discusses blending two images into one.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.