Thu, Sep 19, 9:51 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Placing Items infront or behind other items

LadyBea32 ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2002 at 6:19 AM · edited Sun, 08 September 2024 at 9:38 AM

file_13264.jpg

im having a very hard time putting chairs on my patio without them either being in the jaccuzi or the tree/shrub group covering them. Is there a way to fix this problem. I have been trying for four days and am about to go nuts. thanks in advance. picture is attatched so you can see it before the chairs.

Aldaron ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2002 at 7:23 AM

Have you tried using different views to place them, like top, right and front? I've never had much problems placing objects.

big_hoovie ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2002 at 7:28 AM

file_13265.jpg

have your tried placing you objects in diffrent views? You can change views by clicking and holding on the little downward pointing arrow illustrated.

hth
big_hoovie

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2002 at 7:44 AM

See, I would have suggested the top view, but you say you had no problem before, maybe your models need to be scaled down? Other than that, I don't know. Sharen

Erlik ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2002 at 7:51 AM

Are your chairs on the concrete or they are floating above? Check in a side view. And then put them where you want them.

-- erlik

Ornlu ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2002 at 8:44 AM

Also, this may sound stupid, but make sure the chair is smaller in the x and z than the gap between the tree and the jaccuzi...

LadyBea32 ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2002 at 7:01 PM

hmm ok well i am trying to put them on concrete. i think i fixed the tree problem. now i have to figure how to do the other veiws. i figued using the little arrow things seems to work better, although after that is getting back to where i had it to begin with. thank you all for you help its greatly appreciated.

Aldaron ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2002 at 7:26 PM

If your view in the pic above is from the director's view then simply select the view (right, front, top) and place your object then when it's where you want it go back to director's view. These views don't actually change the camera postion, think of them as looking at your scene from different vantage points.

cshaftoe ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2002 at 7:55 PM

Attached Link: http://uk.geocities.com/bryster3d

Use the 'TOP' view, but remember to anchor (lock) your terrain/ground or it will move if you try to group several objects at once .....

EricofSD ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2002 at 10:49 PM

You can also highlight the chair, click the "A" next to it and set the coordinates yourself. Also, pay attention to the wire frame shadow in your workspace. If there's no shadow, then you have the object in the wrong location even if it seems ok in your camera view. Best to set the camera to your render location and use the director view to move around and position things.

FWTempest ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2002 at 2:57 AM

what I would do (and have done) is to position where you want it. Then click one of the seven little buttons to the left of the nano-preview (shown in the pic above). When the button is blue it has your camera info recorded (alt-click to delete info and clear the button). Now you can move your camera around, change views, etc. to help position your objects. When you're done, click that button again, and your view is right back where you had it.

LadyBea32 ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2002 at 6:14 PM

file_13266.jpg

i just did it by moving those arrows around and did it that way, does it look right? Im not good with putting in my own cordinates. so only way that i found easy enough were the arrows. sure i screwed up though a few times and misplaced my work. but i got the hang of it. thank you all for your help. i really appreciated all of it.

big_hoovie ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2002 at 6:34 PM

it looks good, but even in this small image, the bench on the right, and the bench to the right of the table both look like they are floating. aside from that, everything looks great!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.