Thu, Sep 19, 4:15 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: JUNE monthly Challenge: REALISM with desktops.

humorix ( ) posted Wed, 29 May 2002 at 8:46 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 4:06 PM

OK Rochr and me have finally concurred! :-P
The challenge is to achieve realism. Play around with lighting and textures to achieve as realistic an image as you can. The theme is: Desktop. (as an actual desktop/tabletop, not the one on your computer :-P)

It has to be an image featuring a desk/table top. It can be any table top, Fantasy, medieval, contemporary, kids, Futuristic, Alchemist's, Walt Disney's, yours what have you. Let your imagination roll (as long as the end result is realistic)!
Imports and Post work allowed! (Did I hear that sigh of relief ;-)

I guess Agent Smith will put in the submission dates etc. Size limits and other formalities apply as before.

vasquez ( ) posted Wed, 29 May 2002 at 9:04 AM

hu oh, interesting... hard and challenging!

KenS ( ) posted Wed, 29 May 2002 at 9:37 AM

file_10431.jpg

This one isnt for the challenge, but here is a older one I did. Ken

humorix ( ) posted Wed, 29 May 2002 at 10:05 AM

looks great Ken! And definitely illustrates the challenge! I think a Close up of the desktop is what we are looking for in the challenge so that realism and lighting gets hilighted! Thanx again Ken. A picture is definitely worth a thousand words and as aj would say, definitely cuts down my verbiage! ;-)

unclebob ( ) posted Wed, 29 May 2002 at 11:09 AM

nice pic.... you must be an ASU fan .. the razorback clued me in ...

johnpenn ( ) posted Wed, 29 May 2002 at 11:14 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=191498

file_10432.jpg

Well, while we're showing examples, here's a thumbnail and link to a little something I made a few years back, but in light of this thread here I just now uploaded to the 'rosity. So I guess this would qualify, huh? I suppose I could revisit the desktop... I did want to make this image one in a series anyway... I accept your challenge. ;)

Rayraz ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 12:05 AM

I'm not realy good at realism, because I've never really tried to get something photorealistic, but I think I'll have time to make something this time.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

AgentSmith ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 12:37 AM

You haven't said anything about "100% Bryce". Are you reverting back to the default rules where imports are allowed? I just assume this, since the true challenge is the realism of the final scene? Probably around June 26th for the deadline. That's 29 days from today. This is actually a good theme, I see a lot of these kind of 3d pics on the internet all the time, lol. AgentSmith

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

humorix ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 12:52 AM

Yep! No 100% Bryce this time! Guess everybody needed a breather! :-P. Well 26th sounds good and results on 29th? Can we also discuss the bit about voting?

AgentSmith ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 2:35 AM

Yeah, no geeting it all done BEFORE a weekend this time around without cutting the entry time down, would rather have a full month of entry time for everybody. Let's put the voting on voting in another post, so everybody will see it. I'll start it off...

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

inyerface ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 10:40 AM

Attached Link: http://normalflora.org/images/waitingroom.jpg

file_10433.jpg

here are 2 oldies of mine for inspiration....

humorix ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 11:43 PM

Ummmmm we'd like only the desktop here (i.e. a top angle medium/close-up shot of a desk). Not the whole room. But thanx for illustrating inyerface! :-)

cshaftoe ( ) posted Mon, 10 June 2002 at 7:01 PM

Attached Link: http://uk.geocities.com/bryster3d

I was just wondering.......do we need to include a PC or is the content of the desktop up to us...? And what about a character?

humorix ( ) posted Tue, 11 June 2002 at 1:48 AM

The content is up to you....anything you'd like 2 put on a desktop! Even a character! :-P

draculaz ( ) posted Tue, 11 June 2002 at 12:30 PM

a voodoo doll!!! :P

draculaz ( ) posted Tue, 11 June 2002 at 12:30 PM

a voodoo doll!!! :P

littlechris ( ) posted Sun, 23 June 2002 at 12:21 PM

SHIT that gives me just 4 days

pidjy ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2002 at 7:50 AM

file_10434.jpg

Hello!.. here is my desktop (in fact just a part of it) I know that you are are expecting an entire desktop. Well I've decide to focus on details!.. I may be far from the subject.. I dont know.. wait and see. Just one point concerning that image it is entirely modeled with bryce!.. using heightfields.. Hope you like it. Cheers from Paris France!

draculaz ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2002 at 10:08 AM

heightfields?

pidjy ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2002 at 1:22 PM

Yes draculaz heightfields or elevation map.. a greyscale map apply to the terrain editor in Bryce

dg3d ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2002 at 2:41 PM

pidjy, nice use of of heightfield on this one. The only part i think seem a little less realistic is the pen holder and the small screwdriver. Nice work.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.