Fri, Oct 25, 3:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 24 1:32 pm)

Subject: Mini 'Waterfall' Part 1

tesign ( ) posted Tue, 22 February 2000 at 10:26 AM ยท edited Fri, 25 October 2024 at 3:23 AM

file_122336.jpg

Hi Hardwick and all interested in waterfall, Well on the earlier discussion on waterfall, this is what I have come out with. Not really much of a waterfall but almost there. Due to time factor and not really something I really want to do, I stop at what you are seeing here. I cheated a bit by using a bit of post production to enhance it. But it can be done if you have the time and patience. It is the number of layers of terrain that is taking to much time and bloating up file size and render time. The approach is the same as my "Hungru Bass" splashes except that I use a paint program to created the terrain and use the Vue Terrain edition to 'fragment' the water effect. I use serveral layers of the same terrain with each being modified a bit. There is also prinmitive used (cylinders). I think the included scene image is much self explantory (part 2 - new message). What can be done is also a scan image of a real waterfall applied to a plane using alpha mask, easiest way I think :) Bill

JEDI3 ( ) posted Wed, 23 February 2000 at 2:04 AM

Hi Bill I think it's agreat image for a simple tutorial ;) Pascal

tesign ( ) posted Wed, 23 February 2000 at 3:32 AM

Hello Rangdalf, In the meantime, you can roughly get an ideal from the Vue scene file I posted one message after this. Btw, does anybody know what happened to the waterfall image? All I see is a big "Renderosity" logo thingy. Anyone knows why? Bill

Hardwick ( ) posted Wed, 23 February 2000 at 5:31 AM

Hi Bill Nice picture have made a couple of waterfalls pics now and i think they turn out pretty good. i have puted thoose pics up on my web page http://hardwicks.freewebsites.com/ take a look and tell me what you think of them

tesign ( ) posted Wed, 23 February 2000 at 8:19 AM

Hi Hardwick, I have just visited your site and saw the three waterfall images from page 2. I like the last one best. The other two is not so convincing. The images are too small to view and I can't comment much. Your effort for the last one looks pretty good but if you can at least have it 640x480, may be I can have a more accurate comment. Btw, all the other images looks great...composition wise. I really like your site...simple and to the point. regards, Bill

Hardwick ( ) posted Wed, 23 February 2000 at 8:36 AM

Hi Bill Glad to hear that you liket my site :-) i will put up the pics in 640*480 so make a visit tomorrow to my page so you can have a better look at the pics

tesign ( ) posted Wed, 23 February 2000 at 8:40 AM

Hardwick...need not to have all the images made. May be just the three with the waterfall images and do invite the rest to comment too. I always believe im majorities :0) Bill

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.