Sun, Sep 22, 10:38 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: Most photorealistic poser work?

terminusnord ( ) posted Thu, 27 June 2002 at 11:04 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 10:33 AM

I'd like to get an idea of exactly how photorealistic a human rendering one can make with poser figures. is there one work in the galleries that stands out as the best example of photorealism? I don't expect necessarily that the final render/raytrace would be done in Poser, but I would like to see only ones that use poser figures for the base human geometries (victoria, michael, steph, etc..., with or without modifications and morphs). Thanks, -Adam

Jazzmin ( ) posted Fri, 28 June 2002 at 12:25 AM

Check it out...

Steffy's Asia
http://www.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=2693

Blackhearted's Aeris
http://www.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=8017

There are other great textures out there, it's just that these two artists have impressed me!

Jazz

Vive Bene.  Spesso L'Amore.  Di Risata Molto.
Live Well.  Love Often.  Laugh Much.

Niles ( ) posted Fri, 28 June 2002 at 1:38 AM

Steffy's new textures are VERY GOOD! http://www.zs3d.com/prodhomebig.asp?id=1&add=2

eirian ( ) posted Fri, 28 June 2002 at 2:45 AM

Don't forget Syyd Raven's work. Her renders of Kane and Dragonessa are incredible.

dona_ferentes ( ) posted Fri, 28 June 2002 at 3:51 AM

I have to throw in my 2 cents in support of StefyZZ's work. There are some wonderful figures available here - I've bought and use them regularly. But for totally lifelike figures, I don't think anyone comes close to Stefy's work. John

jchimim ( ) posted Fri, 28 June 2002 at 7:55 AM

Another 2 cents for StefyZZ. Her textures make you think that the mesh is nothing more than a canvas for the texture, and her's are simply the best.

saur ( ) posted Fri, 28 June 2002 at 8:46 AM

I think that StefyZZ textures and models are the best by far, specially the new ones. But they are expensive(the work is excellent, supreme quality, so I think that is worthy!). I did two renderings in my gallery with them (saur's gallery here). Byme Me Ok also has very good photorealistic textures with very good prices. You can see the product in the Market Place her. They are many others are are very good but these two are my favorites. Check!

saur ( ) posted Fri, 28 June 2002 at 8:48 AM

BTW, StefyZZ site is at: www.zs3d.com

wdupre ( ) posted Fri, 28 June 2002 at 1:59 PM

file_14212.jpg

I agree Stefyzz is the undisputed queen of photorealistic textures. now if I could only find some hair that looks half as real! here is a quick render no retouch and no bump map (none needed)of her victoria charicter gaia.

queri ( ) posted Fri, 28 June 2002 at 5:09 PM

Throw Neftis's casual or Very French hair on that girl and you'll have it. Emily

Spanki ( ) posted Fri, 28 June 2002 at 9:31 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_14213.jpg

For photo-realistic textures, I have to agree with everyone else - StephyZ is the reigning master. When I first bought Victoria (not long after buying Poser), I bought her Asia package and rendered this (intentionally with no postwork). Her new Breath-generation textures look even better.

Cinema4D Plugins (Home of Riptide, Riptide Pro, Undertow, Morph Mill, KyamaSlide and I/Ogre plugins) Poser products Freelance Modelling, Poser Rigging, UV-mapping work for hire.

EricofSD ( ) posted Fri, 28 June 2002 at 10:02 PM

file_14214.jpg

This was my first shot at realism about two weeks after I got Poser. Did some slight postwork. Now I see the iris is too large, etc.

dona_ferentes ( ) posted Sat, 29 June 2002 at 3:57 AM

I keep noticing that one thing is often lacking in the 'photorealistic' figures people create, and that's the fact that our human skin colour varies quite widely over our bodies. Get naked and look in a mirror - unless you're a nudist or something, parts of your body will be practically white compared to others. I'm not just talking about sharply defined, just-after-a-day-spent-sunbathing tan lines... but those parts of our bodies that get more exposure to sunlight are darker than those that don't. It's surprising how many otherwise wonderful Poser figures don't quite demonstrate this. The first pic I saw of Stefy's Asia was well posed and well lit - so perfectly done that I was almost ready to accuse the creator of trying to pass off a real woman as a poser model!! In retrospect, Asia's slight tan lines were an important part of the illusion.I think it was the first time I'd seen that on a Poser model.

whattawa ( ) posted Sat, 29 June 2002 at 4:59 PM

So, was the question about most realistic renderings, or who makes the best texture maps for Poser renders?

terminusnord ( ) posted Sat, 29 June 2002 at 8:44 PM

Well, I guess both are important. I think my question got answered really when I went to zs3d.com, and saw stefy's "breath generation" series of textures. The sample renders of these are thusfar the most photorealistic poser work I've now seen. -Adam

darkphoenix ( ) posted Sat, 29 June 2002 at 8:52 PM

you can have the best lighting, the best radiosity, and the most expensive renderer in the world, but without realistic texturing, you'll just get something that looks as plastic and lifeless as it really is. A good texture is what makes a render photorealistic. Poser's renderer is not the most advanced in the world, but textures like the breath generation and high quality models like the millenium figures ( and it doesnt make a difference what anyone says about DAZ, the millenium figures are still considered high quality models ) can make even poorly rendered scenes lifelike. Personally, as far as rendering goes, I find that Brazil renderer or FinalRenderStages using a millenium figure with the Edo texture are almost impossible to distinguish between an actual photograph.

whattawa ( ) posted Sat, 29 June 2002 at 11:54 PM

Yeah, Brazil is good.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.