Tue, Sep 24, 2:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 2:15 pm)

Subject: My first selfmade prop (beta vers.)

godless_norseman ( ) posted Sat, 29 June 2002 at 3:15 PM · edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 2:22 PM

Hi there, this is my first try to design an armor for Poser, so I wanted to ask, if you like it so far...

warrioramor.jpg

Stormrage ( ) posted Sat, 29 June 2002 at 3:25 PM

I like :) very nice

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sat, 29 June 2002 at 3:32 PM

An excellent job of modelling and texturing. How do you put the cuirass on? I don't see any straps.

steveshanks ( ) posted Sat, 29 June 2002 at 3:43 PM

Superb i like it all but particularly the helmet...Steve

godless_norseman ( ) posted Sat, 29 June 2002 at 4:00 PM

Some parts are still missing, therefor it's only a beta version --- i just wanted to hear some opinions on the armor as it is at the moment...

igohigh ( ) posted Sat, 29 June 2002 at 4:07 PM

Look Out Xurge!!! New commer in town! That is Awsome!

FyreSpiryt ( ) posted Sat, 29 June 2002 at 4:07 PM

I like it; it looks very good. I bet it was a lot of work.

Valandar ( ) posted Sat, 29 June 2002 at 4:13 PM

I personally really like the piping and detailing on the breastplate.

Remember, kids! Napalm is Nature's Toothpaste!

godless_norseman ( ) posted Sat, 29 June 2002 at 4:21 PM

hehe, i was inspired from a xurge tutorial for Rhino...

SAMS3D ( ) posted Sat, 29 June 2002 at 4:39 PM

This is very good, this is your first? Well you really did well. Sharen

littlechris ( ) posted Sat, 29 June 2002 at 4:56 PM

Excellent work, is Rhino a good modeller?

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sat, 29 June 2002 at 4:57 PM

Very decent. As well as straps or buckles on the cuirass, you should think about hinging the lower face on its own plate. As it is, he won't be able to take a drink of water (or beer), scratch his nose, wipe sweat out of his eyes, or (heaven forfend) deal with any insect which happens to fly inside. Mosquitoes are attracted by human sweat, and I'm sure that all their winged cousins think we are tasty, too. Carolly

bloodsong ( ) posted Sat, 29 June 2002 at 6:41 PM

ooooh! looks great, keep going :) if you have trouble with those shoulder things and putting the arms down by the sides.... you can make the shoulder bits props, and just put them on the arm, after you put the arm down. ;)

Suede ( ) posted Sat, 29 June 2002 at 9:18 PM

so.. how does it feel to actually make something so nice :) I have been getting my Rhino skills up too - so I really admire what went into this, especially as a first prop piece :)

bikermouse ( ) posted Sun, 30 June 2002 at 6:45 AM

re cuirass: let's see . . . I used to know what that was . . .back when I was playing "Deomonsgate". goddess: after reading that thread on names I was thinking of naming my next child god or goddess. (that way when people tried to debate the existance of god I could just pull out a picture and be done with it.) Of course I thought better of it, realizing the social problems it would inevitably cause, but I still like the idea. As WIPs go this has struck me as insipring, and looks pretty good so far. Hope to see it when it's done.

davidm ( ) posted Sun, 30 June 2002 at 8:52 AM

Excellent job! Very well done! :-) Dave :-)

Suede ( ) posted Sun, 30 June 2002 at 3:57 PM

hehe Bikermouse.. in much the same vein, I always thought that having 'So There' as a vanity license plate would be good - in case you ran someone over, and they thought to check :)

TigerD ( ) posted Sun, 30 June 2002 at 4:26 PM

P4Dork or Michael? This looks DAMN good. Are you thinking of selling this or giving it away. Either way, I'd be interested.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.