Sat, Sep 21, 4:53 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: general help with poser

Elantriell ( ) posted Mon, 01 July 2002 at 4:31 AM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 4:52 AM

i'm a total newbie to poser and bryce, usual i did all my works with photoshop. i cant seem to figure out how the program works! i try for example to put a nude female figure, and then go to female clothes and put for example shues, so it erases the figure and leaves only the shues! is that the way it's supposed to be or i'm doing something wrong?
and how does the texture thing works? should i get another program for that (and if yes, could you reccomend which one?) or it is done through photoshop or bryce?
and another thing, i tried to download some characters and other stuff like eyes and hair from different sites on the web, but when i try to open them poser just refuses to do that! or it says there's no enough memory space (though i just opened the computer), or it says it cant find the file or something of that kind, or it says that the file is in a different version of poser... i'v got poser 4, so maybe those things are in different versions?
help anyone?

hogwarden ( ) posted Mon, 01 July 2002 at 5:06 AM

Firstly, when you add the clothes... you're pressing the wrong button! There is a single "tick" and a double "tick". The single tick will replace the figure you have already loaded, while the double tick will add a new figure to your scene. Use the double tick, and the figure won't get replaced. The textures are just 2d images which you can create with Photoshop... but you need to "paint over" the "wireframe" texture template which should be on your content CD as each part of the texture image relates to a specific part of the 3d mesh. Chances are, you've unzipped the files from the zip to the wrong places in your runtime folder. This is complex to get one's head around for the first time, and I would recommend you have a look for a tutorial on where everything should go. "not enough memory" is a standard error message which means Poser is confused. Chances are it cannot find a geometry file (.obj) in the geometries folder. If you have Poser4, you need the 4.03 patch from curiouslabs.com Think I've covered it?!? H:)

Kelderek ( ) posted Mon, 01 July 2002 at 11:27 AM

The message relating to a "different version" of Poser is probably due to the fact that the file you are loading is made with Poser Pro Pack. Just ignore the message and everything should work OK. As long as you have made sure that you already have the latest version (4.03), of course.

maclean ( ) posted Mon, 01 July 2002 at 1:02 PM

Elantriall, Poser isn't a dificult program to learn, but it's better to take things a step at a time. I would advise you to study the relevant parts of the manual carefully and download a few basic tutorials. Ron Knights has (or had) posted quite a few tutorials for beginners on various aspects of poser which you should find in the tutorials section here at Rosity. Also keep asking questions. It's free and we've all had to do it. mac

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.