Sat, Oct 5, 11:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 11:25 am)

Subject: Free Stuff commercial/non-commercial thought...

Suede ( ) posted Mon, 01 July 2002 at 1:54 PM ยท edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 9:21 AM

Just was wondering what the possibility of having the default read something like 'See ReadMe for Usage'would be? I know this issue has been brought up before - but I am seeing a departure from the Display titling of 'Non-Commercial Only' and what the folks that put up their free stuff prior to this changeover may have meant for their usage.

Just an idea - I figure most folks do have a readme - and that is what would be binding after all... :)

StarGate ( ) posted Mon, 01 July 2002 at 2:17 PM

Suede I sent an IM to Admin about this question (mine was what is the use of commerical use) - does it mean can be used in your art works and if they are sold (ok) or people can re-sale the item the have gotten for free. your statement about the See Read Me button makes sense would you use something like free for all uses but not the selling of the org file in any media (whichever kind) as is I have been working on some 3dmodels (basic items not figures) that I would like to add to Free Stuff (but then I do not have a way for people to download them) anyway good question imo

StarGate ( ) posted Mon, 01 July 2002 at 2:42 PM

BTW - Should not those terms be explained on the front page of Free Stuff

StarGate ( ) posted Mon, 01 July 2002 at 2:52 PM

one more note when you see the item to download it has a date (I think Admin sets it up to this - not sure)how about a message under that shows on every item something like this See Free Stuff Front(Home) Page for definitions of non-commerical use and commercial use OR A click me button for definitions of commercial/non-commercial use

StarGate ( ) posted Mon, 01 July 2002 at 2:56 PM

I like your See me for usage - ideal Click See me for usage button then that allows the user read then go on and download

ronstuff ( ) posted Mon, 01 July 2002 at 4:34 PM

StarGate - "commercial use" constitutes your using their product in a commercial work of your OWN origin. IE, a poster, video, magazine illustration, feature film, etc. It never has and never will include the rights to REDISTRIBUTE the original product in any manner or form, unless it is declared to be "public domain" by the original creator. You only own what you create, not what they license you to USE commercially.

StarGate ( ) posted Mon, 01 July 2002 at 5:08 PM

ronstuff Thanks for the info "commercial use" on the word USE as in usage

Spit ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 1:16 AM

Almost, Ronstuff. Though rare, you can have a redistributable object that is copyright...it does not have to be in public domain.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.