Thu, Sep 19, 9:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Carrara not rendering

HARBINGER-3D ( ) posted Mon, 01 July 2002 at 8:19 AM ยท edited Mon, 16 September 2024 at 6:58 PM

Well - ran in to a major issue with Carrara 1.1 and 2. First - Carrara 1.1 - a scene I rendered at a high rez will not render at a lower resolution anymore - I can only render it at the high resolution that I imputed into the image size? I know it's weird. I rendered it at 1200x1600 @400 dpi - the image came out - it took about 12 hrs to render. but now if I change the settings to say 100 dpi or anything less than 1200X1600 - Carrara freezes and it won't render. So - I figured maybe it's a problem that Carrara 2 could handle Carrara 2 - the image won't render at all at any resolution. Here are some facts about the image - uses a lot of anything grows - but even when I delete the anything grows parts from the scene - it still won't render. Tried to render my pre-high rez save (I ALWAYS SAVE ABOUT 20 SCENES!) and it still won't render Any ideas - running 1Ghz Athalon - Radeaon 32DDR - 512K mem.

litst ( ) posted Mon, 01 July 2002 at 8:38 AM

Attached Link: http://www.eovia.com/support/bug_report.jsp

Hi David, For this kind of problems,i'd suggest to send your file to Eovia so they can fix the bug . During the beta-test, i've noticed they're very concerned about stability issues . You can contact them from their bug reports page (see the link) . Don't forget to add your e-mail and to ask them to contact you . Is it the seaside image with the lighthouse ? I hope you'll get it back, this one's your best ! :) litst

HARBINGER-3D ( ) posted Mon, 01 July 2002 at 8:51 AM

YEAH, it's the seaside image!! I can do it but only at 400dpi 1200x1600 res and only in Carrara 1.1. I really wanted to try GI on it - but I guess I'll have to wait. Thanks - I'll try to send them the file.

max- ( ) posted Mon, 01 July 2002 at 11:15 AM
Online Now!

I am a bit confused. 400dpi 1200x1600 res? I assume that's 1200x1600 pixels in size, so does it really matter how many "dots per inch" the final output will be? Is that not a printer issue? Unless you mean 400dpi at 1200inx1600in, which would be about 480,000x640,000 pixels.

"An Example is worth Ten Thousand Words"

HARBINGER-3D ( ) posted Mon, 01 July 2002 at 11:28 AM

Now I'm confused - I've never been able to understand render settings - that's the settings that I have it at.

terminusnord ( ) posted Mon, 01 July 2002 at 5:09 PM

DPI only comes into play when you print. As far as bitmaps (your rendered output) goes, 1200x1600 is 1200x1600. Setting the DPI in Carrara only adds that number to the output file's header info, for the purposes of displaying the right size in WYSIWYG layout programs like Quark, and for setting printing dimensions. The DPI setting in Carrara has no effect on the rendering results in any way. -Adam

HARBINGER-3D ( ) posted Mon, 01 July 2002 at 5:12 PM

ok - cool - but it still won't render :)

terminusnord ( ) posted Mon, 01 July 2002 at 5:17 PM

Does it give an error message or will it just not start? I found this happens in the mac carrara 1.1 also, where it just won't start rendering unless I mess with some of the render settings (like the file type) and then change them back. I don't know if this workaround works in the windows versions. -Adam

HARBINGER-3D ( ) posted Mon, 01 July 2002 at 5:24 PM

No errors - just never starts - I have to control-alt-delete to stop Carrara. I'll give that stuff a try.

ppowellaa ( ) posted Mon, 01 July 2002 at 9:15 PM

I had one file that would not render when opened, but would render from the batch render mode.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.