Tue, Oct 22, 1:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 12:41 am)

Subject: New Zygote female???

mikes ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2000 at 8:24 AM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 11:39 PM

Anyone have any news on the progress of the new Zygote female? Isn't it due out about now?

davo ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2000 at 8:59 AM

I was just about to ask that question myself. If it has more vertices, Traveler is going to have his hands full for a long time ;-) Davo

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2000 at 9:23 AM

They said that they arent rushing the job and want to make it right ... About a week or two ago they said it should be jsut a few weeks at tops. It is one of the biggest projects that they have done.

RKane_1 ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2000 at 9:54 AM

Where did you guys hear about this?

quesswho ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2000 at 10:32 AM

Well I heard about it through the PFO and Poser onelist. She should called the Millenium girl( at least thats what I heard) I am very excited about her. Scuttlebutt is there might even be a millenium man. Marge

ar2g ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2000 at 10:43 AM

She's in beta testing right now and should be released beginning of March :) AR

davo ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2000 at 10:46 AM

yahooooo davo

Ikyoto ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2000 at 10:54 AM

Are they still thinking of that silly restriction clause?

davo ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2000 at 10:55 AM

what's that Ikyoto? What restriction clause? davo

ookami ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2000 at 11:13 AM

Ok... all fine and dandy... we get a new figure... BUT... the real question... will P4 female clothes fit the new Mil. Woman? Or like the Zygote Nude Muscle Man, is Mil. Woman doomed to perpectual nudity! =)

ookami ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2000 at 11:14 AM

Ok... all fine and dandy... we get a new figure... BUT... the real question... will P4 female clothes fit the new Mil. Woman? Or like the Zygote Nude Muscle Man, is Mil. Woman doomed to perpectual nudity! =)

Ikyoto ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2000 at 11:20 AM

They WERE going to stick a restriction on the new anotomically correct high-rez female figure. They wanted to restict people from using it to create nude pictures! (snicker) Ok, I'll go right along with that... As for conforming clothing, I have no idea.

davo ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2000 at 11:26 AM

Then why the f*ck even make one?! Gee, let's see. People are mad that the female figure has not enough vertices to make good morph targets on the private parts and breasts, so let's make a high res version and ask them not to do nude pictures. Contradiction in terms wouldn't you say? Hold it! Is Zygote in Utah? davo

quesswho ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2000 at 11:29 AM

Restrict from making nudes. You are kidding. While I don't make lewd nudes, I do make nude pics. That is quite a restriction( and I don't think a fair one, but she is their creation so who am I to argue) Marge

Darth_Logice ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2000 at 11:43 AM

can anyone verify this? God what a crock of Sh*t if it's true. -Darth_Logice

JeffH ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2000 at 11:51 AM

I don't think they can legally put such a restriction on how the model can be rendered. Something like that would kill their sales anyway. I'm just hoping they don't price it like the AVskeleton, that's around $200.00 -JH.

Darth_Logice ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2000 at 12:04 PM

I'm sure they will -Darth

Ikyoto ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2000 at 2:09 PM

I got this from a source I cannot feel is anything less than 100% trust worthy... But I won't give his name out cause we all know him and i don't want to get him into any trouble. And the folks at Zygote should know we ARE willing to buy it.. but they have to judge: Do they want to sell a relativly small number of them at a high price, or have EVERYONE from this and the other forum beating their server to death with purchaces?

EdW ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2000 at 3:05 PM

From what I understand they are creating clothes for the millenum babe. The P4 clothes won't conform to the new model. Ed

ar2g ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2000 at 3:15 PM

I don't think they'll have that Restriction clause. After all we'll have to wait a while before they make any clothes for her anyway. Someone at Zygote said she'd be priced a a reasonable price. Not over expensive. Plus if their track continues, when she's released they'll have her on sale for a week or so. (That sale thing is my own thought not Zygote's). AR

MartinC ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2000 at 4:42 PM

If it's of any interest, here is the link that started it: http://www.poserforum.net/ubb/Forum1/HTML/001717.html Somewhere down the thread you'll find a statement by Chad from Zygote with a couple of details.

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Fri, 25 February 2000 at 10:46 AM

According to the other forum, Zygote intends to price her under $100 (They're trying for under $50 but don't think they'll succeed), and plan on including some basic clothes free with the model (since the standard conforming clothes won't work right). They will also offer some accessories as freebies for the first few weeks after the model comes out, then bundle the freebies and re-worked clothes onto a CD and offer it for sale, probably including the model itself. If I've interpreted the comments correctly. This is the first that I've heard of the "Restriction Clause." It was probably mentioned as a joke that was misunderstood. Oh, they also said they hope to do the same with the male, but it probably won't be out until the end of the year - if ever.

Ikyoto ( ) posted Fri, 25 February 2000 at 11:24 AM

If it comes out with even basic clothing it will set off a whole new slew of modeling! GIMME!!!

lynnJonathan ( ) posted Fri, 25 February 2000 at 12:07 PM

Makes me wonder just how much difference the appearence will be. I hope big since this all sounds like one big hastle I'll probly want to skip. I mean she so special she gets here own clothes. Id rather see something TOTALLY different. As in someting scy-fi or cartoonish. Just something different then what they are putting out now. I think they've done enough medievil stuff.

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Fri, 25 February 2000 at 12:12 PM

The Millennium Babe (working title for the new Poser Female) is intended to be a more realistic female figure, with non-breaking and more realistically-moving joints. I don't know how far they're going in terms of realism, but I suspect she may have some body-shaping morphs so she can go from waif to poser standard to average to heavy just by tweaking a few dials. This is only speculation based on comments from Chad and Ian Grey however, so I could be mistaken.

Crescent ( ) posted Fri, 25 February 2000 at 10:13 PM

I really hope they do a P4 male as well. If they do, I'll be very inclined to get both. With just the female, I'm a lot less likely. The P4 male is so much less useable than the P4 female as it is. I don't want just half of the set -- unless I want to do only lesbian scenes. ;-)

JeffH ( ) posted Fri, 25 February 2000 at 10:43 PM

I hope it looks really different than Posette, I mean we already have a HiRes version of her.

Ikyoto ( ) posted Sat, 26 February 2000 at 6:51 AM

I won't turn this into a complaint about what's wrong wiht the exsisting meshes... Since they are developing this, and we all know there are people from Zygote who check this site on occesion, it would be nice to get some input directly from them. Hey Zygotites! You out there?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.