Sun, Sep 22, 1:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 10:34 pm)

Subject: Render vanishes??

CryptoPooka ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 6:58 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 11:42 PM

Got a scene set up, not too complicated but a huge render window and DPI. I knew that when I rendered it last night, it took about two hours on this god-awful machine I'm stuck with it. So I set it up, hit render, watched it until it got to the Render Scene point and popped up the new window, did a few things in the kitchen, made coffee, and went to take a shower. When I got back, Poser was open, but there was no sign of the render. None. Nada. Zippo. The new window with the image was completely gone. The family swears up and down that no one touched my machine while I was gone (to the point of getting a "NO, NO ONE @#&#;&$ touched it, okay???). But it's still gone, and I have no clue how or why. Anyone ever have this happen?

brian71us ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 7:06 PM

I have had the Render window pop up in the lower right-hand corner of my screen. It was actually off the screen at this point and you could just see a little squeek of the corner of the window. Luckily when I moved the mouse over it the pointer changed and I was able to resize the window and eventually drag it up onto the screen. I've also had it where it renders the image but won't let me use the scroll bars. I have to save it and look at it with another program. This only seems to happen with very large renders. Brian

CryptoPooka ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 7:11 PM

This was ENTIRELY gone. I know the window was there originally, in the usual place, since I waited till it popped up before wandering off. I have some suspicions, but no one will admit to anything. Grr.

SnowSultan ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 9:52 PM

I've noticed that if you minimize Poser while you're rendering to a new window, the render often isn't there when you maximize it again. However, if you choose Save, you will save the render, not the PZ3, and can then view it with any graphics program. I'm not sure if it happens for everyone, but it always happens to me. :) Hope that's of some help at least. Take care! SnowS

my DeviantArt page: http://snowsultan.deviantart.com/

I do not speak as a representative of DAZ, I speak only as a long-time member here. Be nice (and quit lying about DAZ) and I'll be nice too.

bknoh ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 10:49 PM

How very odd...I had this happen to me for the first just this evening. Poof...window gone and it was a small image, too. I decided to close the program and then I got the option to save and took it. Opened Poser again and was able to open the Poser file with no problem. I thought I had hit a button somewhere??? Diane

kaciasea ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2002 at 12:09 AM

This happens to me ALL the time. It's usually after rendering a few times in separate windows. You CAN save the render. It's still there. Just select "save as" and usually you will get the right window to save it. (Not the pz3 one) Sometimes it will be 'render 1' or 'render 2' or whatever, and it will want to save a PREVIOUS render, not the one you just did! Make sure you're saving the right one. Poser sometimes keeps the previous one in memory. Sometimes just clicking the X to close out Poser will force it to save by asking you if you'd like to save the render (and the pz3, if you haven't yet saved it.) I have it happen so often I no longer am surprised when my render window disappears. =)
HTH,
Kacia

CryptoPooka ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2002 at 12:13 AM

I tried ... and all I got was a Poser crash. Sigh.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.