Thu, Oct 3, 12:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: California Dreaming

judith ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 6:27 PM

Hehe, not going to take that bet Trav! ;]

What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

E-mail | Renderosity Homepage | Renderosity Store | RDNA Store

kupa ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 6:27 PM

So folks, I know there are a lot of questions on the table and I'm sure many more will follow. I'll be paying attention to the questions you're asking here. For now I need to leave you with only these samples of what we are doing. Afterall, I have to leave a good scoop for the press or they'll never talk to me again. As I said when I started leading you down this path, we still have a lot to do. But I assure you. This is magical work. And it is proceding very nicely so far. Our staff here is swamped with all the details needed to build this project. I implore you to give us a little space and time. We are going to come back with some fantastic things... and perhaps in the next week or so, I may have a few more tidbits like those above to share. And a last parting favor to ask... please don't be so hard on each other. It's really difficult to see the community splitting at the seams like this. All the players in our realm will come to the right conclusions and do the right thing for the community. Sincerely, Steve Cooper Curious Labs ...where can I buy shares in Curious Labs, heh heh, that was cool.

Lucy_Fur ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 6:38 PM

OMG!!! All this new stuff that Poser can do?? I'm still not done figuring out half the stuff that P4 does!! I'm afraid you're going to have to wait on the release of P5 until the rest of us can catch up. EG
waits for rocks to be thrown at her

J/K!!!!

x2000 ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 6:47 PM

Ha! Just couldn't stand the pressure of having Renderosibee on the case, could you Steve? He always gets the scoop!;) Seriously, this looks amazing. More than worth the wait. Tell me, have you decided yet which small country you're going to buy with the fortune you're going to make from this?

GeorgeD ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 6:51 PM

I won't take that bet either...just figured I'd add another post to the pool:)

Niles ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 6:52 PM

HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!!! What else can I say. :)

geoegress ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 6:58 PM

JHoagland ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 7:00 PM

Yes, this is extremely cool, but I have to ask: when? Is Poser 5 ready for beta-testing? Does the product have an official, if approximate, release date... beyond the rumors that it will be "shown" at Siggraph or DragonCon (or the next high-tech convention)? And, most importantly for CL, when will they begin taking orders for Poser 5? --John

VanishingPoint... Advanced 3D Modeling Solutions

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 7:04 PM
  • casts a Nerf stone at Lucy_Fur *

Lucy_Fur ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 7:07 PM

Seems there will still be a kind of after market availability for the hair?? For presets & styles to use in Poser, that is. And oh, help us, the narcissists are gonna have a field day with this G

Bobasaur ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 7:10 PM

I'd bet you can save hair styles. We'll doubtless still need the talents of Master Kozaburo.

Before they made me they broke the mold!
http://home.roadrunner.com/~kflach/

Sue88 ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 7:12 PM

Oooooooooooh! This is going to be grrrrrrrrrrrreat! :) That face room looks like a lot of fun! And the hair, wow! And shaders! And ... and ... all the good stuff! :)

maclean ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 7:14 PM

Did anyone notice the new Library section? Materials, no less! And it looks as though it's jam-packed with good stuff. If Kozaburo can do wonders with the crappy old plastic poser hair, just think what he'll do with this! mac

kayjay97 ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 7:20 PM

Pinch me, I think I have gone to heaven.

In a world filled with causes for worry and anxiety...
we need the peace of God standing guard over our hearts and minds.

Jerry McCant

pendarian ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 7:31 PM

It's really, really hard to talk when your mouth keeps hitting the keyboard Kupa!! I have a feeling you'll be up for sainthood before this is over. I appreciate this respite more then you will EVER know. Pendy

scifiguy ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 7:41 PM

:D The thought of the poly count for hair scare's me a little, so I don't think my hair props will be going anywhere soon! Gotta love the face room...imagine, actual unique faces! tee hee

The 4th Party ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 7:42 PM

uh... uh.... uh.... WOW !!!! and here I was excited about rumors of a new renderer, this is going to kick @ss :)

Dave-So ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 7:48 PM

WOW OWWWWWWOWWWWWOWWWWWWWW !!!!! Face room, check out that dress in the avi !!!! HEY>>>YOU CAN READ THE DIALS AND SELECTORS !!!! HOLY SHIT(1) !!!!! TABBED rooms !!!!...cloth, poses, on and on.. photographs to face....awesome... PHYSICS ???? The cash is in the savings account... (1) shit that has been blessed. 2. an exclamatory phrase from 1975 America.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

starmkr ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 7:48 PM

How about a PDF Manual now so we can learn all the new things in Poser 5....so when it ships we be up and running day one!

Crescent ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 7:52 PM

Great, now we can all make Poser guys with mullets! ;-}~ Okay, looks like I'm going to be in a race for getting the first commercial copy of P5. Any hints on the release date so I can get a leg up on the race? :-)

Jazzmin ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 7:55 PM

Oh my Goddess, pinch me too! I am in awe... P5 is going to be so much fun!

YeeHawwwww!!!!

Thanks for lifting moral and lightening things up around here Kupa... you are one fine dude and running one hell of a company!!

Jazz
by the way... Where is that CL stock being sold? ;D

Vive Bene.  Spesso L'Amore.  Di Risata Molto.
Live Well.  Love Often.  Laugh Much.

VIDandCGI ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 7:55 PM

The whole package looks great, what a great distraction from the current goings on...a post that actually made me smile :) So can I place my advance order :)

jaybutton ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 7:59 PM

Jay Button pokes out head to see if all the fighting is over Wow! Everything looks great, kupa! I hadn't seen the face room, yet. It looks amazing! Can't wait for it to hit the shelves! :) Jay

LordNakagawa ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 8:04 PM

Drool.. Real Poser 5 post... drool Real material libaries... Drool.. real stand based hair... Droool... Real posable drool.. drool... uhh... hold on the last suggestion. How about clothing? I'm holding up on making new clothing because I'm afraid stuff I make will be out of date by the time I'm done. What is dynamic cloth? Drool... Dang I have to stop that.

wolf359 ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 8:08 PM

Cant wait to see this new interface in MAC OSX!! i wish we could see the animation tools!!

My website

YouTube Channel

Crescent ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 8:20 PM

kupa, If you haven't gotten the idea yet about impatient I am about getting P5 - I went out and bought Divx just to see the animations. (I'm sure Divx is wondering why they were suddenly flooded with download requests today.) If you don't want us to badger you with questions, can we at least try to weasel answers out of you?

whoopdat ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 8:24 PM

Man...this is awesome. I just showed the movies to some friends who aren't even into the whole 3d art thing and they even thought it was awesome, especially after I told them it wasn't some monstrous package like Maya or something similar. This is absolutely incredible. I really don't know what to say as it seems it's all been said. But, the library looks much improved. I didn't miss the "up arrow" signifying (I hope) directory browsing within the library. Ooooh...that alone has me drooling, never mind all of the other jaw-dropping features. Thank you Steve and the rest at CL for this sneak preview and for working so damn hard on this thing. It looks great! I can't wait! My fingers are reaching for my credit card already!

GeorgeD ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 8:30 PM

WoooHooo 5's Alive!

J5.gif

ford3auss ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 8:30 PM

How about a novice like me beta-test it, only way to tell if its user friendly is to let a learner use it, most of the people here will pick it up quickly, so Steve keep that in mind please lol. Man it looks so coollll

rwilliams ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 8:38 PM

I have always been one of the most critical about the length of time without an update. For the first time in over a year, I am happy to have had to wait. Looks better then I ever imagined!!

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 8:40 PM

GeorgeD, please tell me that that's a Poser version of Johnny 5. I'd really like to have one.

depakotez ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 8:48 PM

Ya know, me too. J5 would rock to play with in poser. Tom Adding J5 to the wishlist, though P5 stays one top

Hisminky ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 8:49 PM

humming "The Looker" theme. Anyone remember that movie? I have my little dollars saved and ready.

bwldrd ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 8:58 PM
Online Now!

Hmmm.. let me guess release will be when the hardware part catches up :) System requirements, for windows at least. 5 ghz processor. 3.5 gig ram 250 gig hard drive. 3D video card with 600 mhz processor. 5 system cooling fans and a built in microwave, fridge and cathater, cause you know none of us will ever leave the computer again. Lol.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Consider me insane if you wish, but is your reality any better?

kjlintner ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 9:16 PM

I was just getting ready to put away my "toys", format my hard drive, install Red Hat and live a nice peaceful geeky existance when you go ahead and wave these teasers at me. Sigh... In two weeks, when I'm sailing on the Gulf Of Mexico trying to relax. I'll be drinking Corona, getting tan, and babbling, "It's got a hair editor..." Sigh...

wdupre ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 9:19 PM

4 cents, 5 cents, 6 cents...

Niles ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 9:32 PM

I keep going back looking at the interface... and damn I want to click on it so bad... :)

pokeydots ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 9:38 PM

Ok, I'm passing a tin cup around, hoping to scrounge enough money for when 5 is ready! >:op

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

jval ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 9:44 PM

Rather impressive stuff, Steve. Will we find some "little" improvements also, such as a more flexible system for managing data files? - Jack

Barbarellany ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 9:56 PM

I hope the manual will be new and improved as well. Please let us Mac users know what we will need to run it. To X or not to X...That is the question. I can't wait to play with the hair. What about lighting and reflections?

Dave-So ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 9:56 PM

I've gone back to that cloth demo about 20 times already :)

Bobasaur ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 10:05 PM

I dated someone once who teased me this bad.

Before they made me they broke the mold!
http://home.roadrunner.com/~kflach/

KattMan ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 10:06 PM

Good thing I have been putting my renderosity earnings away in savings! This is going to be Fantastic! Steve, I am seriously impressed! If I knew this was what was coming I would have let you spill a few beans when we talked. No I regret the fact that I just said no and you let me.

kbade ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 10:11 PM

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........................POSER 5....... (looks like 100 posts by midnight EST)

Solar384 ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 10:13 PM

Wow, I'm so pumped for this! Thanks Steve. Great timing on the release of this new info too!

Dave-So ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 10:14 PM

material lab looks pretty amazing... note that it appears character surface can be changed for the textures beyond the transparency, reflection , bump, highlight now available.

Dave-So ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 10:14 PM

PabloS ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 10:18 PM

Kupa, So how much will I have to put away each month until it's released to purchase.

Lyrra ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 10:20 PM

I'd have to say that this looks to definately be worth the wait. This isn't just a litlle jump - this is a huge leap forwards. Can't wait to get my hands on it either :) Questions (that I don't expect you to answer): Procedural textures? Real reflections? Better transmap preview? Are the new p5 figures based on any existing geoemtry? If they are new geometry, do they have high and low poly versions? Are there improved animal models? Can you 'hair' any model? how is the 'hair' area defined? If the color is based off of skin texture, any way to make tips of strands a different color than base? Can the hairs be exported as geometry? How are hair styles defined? Can those be preserved as presets? Ok. Someone elses turn!

shadownet ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2002 at 10:26 PM

Kupa, totally awesome! No...better than that. :O)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.