Tue, Oct 22, 7:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 20 11:30 am)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Suggestions needed for Bryce fishtank

Lyrra ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2000 at 10:03 AM · edited Thu, 10 October 2024 at 9:27 PM

Hiya! Since there's these two new fishes I decided to make a fishtank in Bryce. So far it's a regular rectangular 30 gallon job, with sand and some rocks. I'm going to make a pump, light and aerator for it. Should I put anything else in there? Should I make it a stand? I figured to distribute it sans fish - should I offer a 2nd version with fish? (and snails and crabs and whatall else lives in a fishtank) Any ideas guys? Also so far its a slow render - the glass and water together I guess. Is there a way around this?

Autoloader ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2000 at 11:27 AM

I did a fishtank a long time ago and used some of the little water plants that come with B3 in there, they worked really well. You might try that. Also, have you thought of putting any of those little "toys" in the tank. Zygote offered a free treasure chest, starfish, and anchor as a set a while back. Maybe try putting a small treasure chest in the bottom with some bubbles coming out of it. Also, if I remember right someone recently posted a scuba diver in the FS, you could scale it down and put it in there. Oh yes, in my pic I put in a castle that someone offered as a free prop, you might think about that too. I hope some of this helps, I'm trying to remember some of the things my oldest brother used to have in his fish tanks when I was a kid. Autoloader

Nicodemuz ( ) posted Fri, 25 February 2000 at 12:24 AM

crushed aluminum foil for a back ground...can you tell I grew up in a trailer court? hehe.. gold coins...in the sand...maybe a wrecked boat..gallion of sorts..or wrecked starship!!!now that would be different... you may have to make several versions...save your scene files and e-mail them to all of us and we'll render them and send the pic back to ya...make it easier on your computer...just kidding! I got so much on the burner now I wouldn't have time....I hope the suggestions are good ones for ya.

bonestructure ( ) posted Fri, 25 February 2000 at 7:39 PM

heck, I'd like to know where you got the fish. I can't find good free fish anywhere

Talent is God's gift to you. Using it is your gift to God.

Lyrra ( ) posted Fri, 25 February 2000 at 11:07 PM

two new fish were just posted here in the poser section. Then there's the fish and dolphin that come with poser. Then slope over to Poserworld, I think they have one or two. Somewhere I found a beluga, a seal and a starfish. That's geting to be a quite busy aquarium. 3D cafe has a great shark (although dxf) and I found a snail a long time ago on Serius (sp?) games. Some plants from Bryce, and some from PlantStudio. I think its shaping up fairlyu well. Oh and thanks Nic, I'd managed to entirely forget about those ghastly foil backgrounds. Now I have to make one! :) I may sink the Enterprise :) that would be a nice change. And maybe stick Davos monster thingy in it :) Well, I have to go make dinner now. Stuffed shells with fresh sauce in case you were wondering. :) Be back later tonite, Lyrra

bonestructure ( ) posted Sat, 26 February 2000 at 1:17 AM

ah poser stuff, no wonder. I don't have poser

Talent is God's gift to you. Using it is your gift to God.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.