Tue, Oct 22, 10:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 10:16 am)

Subject: building site dumper wanted (or whatever it is called in America)

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2000 at 5:22 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 7:59 AM

file_122443.jpg

This is my attempt so far at making a building site dumper (or that is what it is called in England) (but its wheels are a lot too small here). - (1) What is it called in America? - (2) Where can I get a better mesh of one, about that height compared to the man?

Spike ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2000 at 5:52 PM

Wow..... they don't look like that here! (California) What is it used for? We have tractors or as we call them in the trades, Buckets or bucket loaders. Spike

You can't call it work if you love it... Zen Tambour

lmacken ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2000 at 7:11 PM

It looks more like a dump bed than a bucket. Reminds me of the 1950 VW 'Plattenwagen' they used inside the factory, but never sold (it was the inspiration for the VW 'bus'). Does it tilt to the front or side?

viper ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2000 at 8:01 PM

It sort of looks like a zamboni

Art ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2000 at 8:53 PM

It sort of looks like a motorized dumpster body. Here, we use front end loaders, bobcats (a small version of front end loader), to basically scoop up debris and it's most times deposited into a large steel container we call a site dumpster. The dumpster in turn, is picked up by a roll-back transport truck. I have seen a somewhat scaled down version of your image which we called a motorized mule. It was a one man, walk-behind, motorized wheel barrow with dumpable bed and held about 1/2 a cubic yard of dirt.

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Fri, 25 February 2000 at 1:57 AM

It tips to the front. -- In smaller makes:- - It tips by the driver pulling a lever and thus unlocking a catch and the skip and contents hinge forward under their own weight and the skip's contents fall out, and afterwards he must go in front of it and push the skip back up by hand. - The back wheels turn to steer. - The top of the skip is about 4 to 5 feet above trhe ground. - Often the exhaust silencer / muffler is like a pepperpot and the engine rotates so slowly that it goes "phut phut phut" and not "brrrrm". -- In newer bigger makes:- - There is a hydraulic to rise the skip. - It is articulated in the middle and there are 2 hydraulic rans to steer it with.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.