Sat, Sep 21, 9:04 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Vue 4 animation?

shihp ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2002 at 12:51 AM · edited Sat, 03 August 2024 at 12:16 AM

I have been evaluating Vue 4, Bryce 5, and AWB (World Builder) 3 as a potential upgrade to my old Bryce 3D. After visiting several web sites and different forums here, it appears that I could not find any Vue 4 animation work. Most of the still images are very impressive, but I would like to know how Vue 4 performs in animation -- more specifically, water animation like wave, ripple, water fall, etc., and the tree/plant animation (like movement by gentle wind blow). Does Vue 4 support these types of animation? If so, to what degree? Thanks for your valuable comments. Shihp -----

gebe ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2002 at 3:35 AM

Attached Link: http://www.vues3d.com/e_film.htm

Hi Shihp, Vue's DynamicMotion technology allows you to animate any scene - clouds, water, objects - and to create realistic looking professional videos. And soon Poser animations can be imported into Vue. If you don't see many animations on the web it that they often are to heavy to put on a homepage. Here is a link to a small animation "shots" from gigi. Vue 4 includes also some animation samples (animated water etc...). Maybe another use who has created animations will answer here:-) Guitta

Bop ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2002 at 3:50 PM

Woops. The only thing that can't be animated in vue, looking at the list you gave, is the plant/tree (they can be animated in texture, size, rotation, etc, but can't move with wind)... You can animate : - all textures (including clouds, water, etc...)with changing color, bump, transparency, reflection, etc... - all atmosphere settings (color of sky, position of the sun, etc...), - all lights settings (color, size, blured or not, lightgel, fog in volumetric lights), - camera settings (position, angle, depth of field blur, etc...), - terrain (hill, mount or objects created with the terrain editor - and every objects (including boolean objects) Some special features are included too ease animation in vue, by pointing one object, or group of objects, to another one. That can be make on object (or camera) pointing in the direction of another object, changing size with the pointed object, rotate with the pointed object, etc... Another cool feature is the Mover module. it makes one object (or camera) reacting to moves like a kind of vehicle (car, plane, helicopter, etc... And, in final, there will soon be the import of Poser's animation... (yum !!!). Hope it can helps...

Cheers ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2002 at 4:07 PM

Even though Guitta is right about Vue's water animation feature, please don't expect to be able to create realistic waves rolling onto a beach, or water cascading dynamically down a waterfall...without a lot of work, inventiveness and luck ;o) Cheers

Twitter: Follow @the3dscene

YouTube Channel

--------------- A life?! Cool!! Where do I download one of those?---------------

shihp ( ) posted Fri, 05 July 2002 at 2:00 PM

Just to be celar about what I am looking for, here is a movie demo from Digital Element's World Builder: http://www.digi-element.com/movies/Sw.mpg I was impressed by the movement of leaves, plants, and the sea animation. That was something I can never do in my old Bryce 3D. Unfortunately, I have tried World Builder demo but can't seem to find a way to make the program work. I really like Vue 4's interface and rendering quality the most, if only it can do some animation like that... It surprises me to see that after two years of technical advancement (comapred to old my Bryce 3D), there is still a lack of a goid water animation in both Bryce 5 and Vue 4 (beyond the original material animation). Maybe some of the Vue users here can relay these wishes to those nice guys at E-On software and see if these are legitimate wishes to look for in the near future. Thanks for all your replies. This is indeed a very helpful and firendly community. Shihp -----

gebe ( ) posted Fri, 05 July 2002 at 2:05 PM

Shihp, I know this software. Have you seen the price also? You want to pay Vue 999$? Guitta

Bop ( ) posted Fri, 05 July 2002 at 4:45 PM

999$ ?!? Glp !... Mmmmm... But the waves were so cute, Guitta... I believed that I was feeling wind on my nuke skin... and... 999$... LoL

shihp ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2002 at 12:01 AM

Actually, it's $399 for the "standard" version. The "Pro" version ($999) has some additional plugins for 3DS max and Maya, which I don't care too much since I don't have neither of these $$$ packages. I believe the sample movie can be done in the standard version alone (except maybe for the seagull). Granted, $399 is still twice the cost of Vue 4, but it's not too far fetched as $999, IMHO. However, I still prefer to see if Vue 5 or 6 can begin to incoporate some better water animation capability. Shihp

Bop ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2002 at 1:48 PM

Wait and see, shihp, wait and see... You never know what e-on is able to plug in their futur Vue5 or 6... :-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.