Fri, Sep 20, 10:14 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: National Zoo, Washing DC

Quinn ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2002 at 7:12 PM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 9:32 PM

Part of what separates the Photographer/Artist from the average person, is the ability to see what others pass by. I took a trip to the National Zoo, Washing DC, today and this is some of what I saw. Hope you like, comments appreciated.

Quinn

Quinn ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2002 at 7:13 PM

file_15236.jpg

1 of 4

Quinn ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2002 at 7:14 PM

file_15237.jpg

2 of 4

Quinn ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2002 at 7:15 PM

file_15238.jpg

3 of 4

Quinn ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2002 at 7:16 PM

file_15239.jpg

4 of 4

I have to expound on this a bit. One of the first times I went to this zoo, I walked into the great ape house, and like everyone else, I stared at the Chimps, Gorillas, and Orangutans behind the glass. Then I turned around and saw a large planter box, with trees and such. I looked a little closer and found these guys. They are not behind glass or caged in, they are just hanging out in the planter. Since then Ive continually tried to get images, but people, seeing you pointing a camera at a tree, turn and start looking and pointing. Problem is these little fellows are somewhat shy, and take off with all the sudden attention. This happened again today. Im still not satisfied with the results, Ill just keep trying.

randyrives ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2002 at 9:54 PM

Nice shots. I like #2 best.

Misha883 ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2002 at 10:21 PM

Do the zookeepers know these little guys live there? Nice pictures, Quinn. I took about 30 snaps in the butterfly house at Brookfield Zoo (Chicago) today before realizing I forgot to load the camera. Damn, I'm getting old and forgetful!

jacoggins ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2002 at 10:39 PM

Uh Misha....nevermind... yeah nice bug/flower shots! By the time I see one and get to where I need to be to get the shot I want, most of the time they fly away, so good going!

bsteph2069 ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2002 at 10:40 PM

I too like the fourth one actuly the first is not bads at all. I do find it interesting that you went to the national zoo and only posted one picture of an animal. UH that is an animal right? It's not some giant catapillar? =;-) > Bsteph

bevchiron ( ) posted Sun, 07 July 2002 at 12:10 PM

Nice shots, I really like 3 it has such a natural feel to it. I couldn't agree more with what you say about looking & seeing, going beyond the obvious & these are great examples!

elusive.chaos

"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star...." (Nietzsche)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.