Tue, Oct 22, 10:06 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 9:37 am)

Subject: Posable molecular models; unusual matter in Pose files

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Fri, 25 February 2000 at 5:40 AM ยท edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 7:18 AM

file_122472.jpg

I am making posable molecular models for work, and in the course of that I have got away with text-editing various sorts of strange matter into pose files: materials, channel names, and "bend 0". But I would like one thing: instead of having to make e.g. three separate pose files "trans", "gaucheplus", and "gaucheminus" (this refers to rotation at bonds between atoms) separately for every link in a long chain molecule, it would be useful to have a "relative" sort of pose file that could be applied to any one segment, and it could pose that segments, and its parent and grandparent etseq if necessary. Each atom is a sphere; the atoms are not welded, merely overlapping. I find that translating the phi file automatically puts each segment's joint-center at or near the geometrical center of its parent :: that is useful.

lmacken ( ) posted Fri, 25 February 2000 at 7:04 PM

that's one big-*ss molecule (no help, sorry; the 0 replies bothered me)

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Sat, 26 February 2000 at 8:12 AM

"bend 0" in CR2 language means that that segment is rigid. If that segment can bend, it would be "bend 1".

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.