Sat, Sep 21, 8:46 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Adobe Photoshop and Corel Photopaint....together at last!!!

3DSprite ( ) posted Sun, 27 February 2000 at 10:01 AM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 11:21 PM

Seems like only yesterday these two giants were battling it out on my hard drive for a place in my heart!! Now, after working in both and getting used to the certain highs and lows that both have to offer, I find myself romancing two great ladies instead of one, hehehe. (Mind you, to you females of the forum, I am sure you have recieved the "male" version of these programs so not to worry, hehehe), a joke people,......a joke. Anyways, getting back on topic, I find that there are some things about both I do like, but on average I do tend to sway much more towards Adobe Photoshop than Corel Photopaint. Anyone else here use both?? ~3D ;-)

Gromit ( ) posted Sun, 27 February 2000 at 11:28 AM

Well, in my case Corel Photopaint is the reason I use Adobe Photoshop. When it came down to serious photo enhancement for presentation work back about four years ago, Photopaint just wouldn't cut it. I bit the bullet and jumped on the Photoshop learning curve and never looked back Just my opinion, of course. Gromit Dhahran, Saudi Arabia

Gromit ( ) posted Sun, 27 February 2000 at 11:32 AM

A little more explanation: I was compositing scanned aerial photographs and enhancing them. No one here had ever done that. To be able to composite the photos, I had to make the colors match, and the easiest way to do that was to dodge and burn on the RGB color separations individually. Photopaint wouldn't let me do that, Photoshop did it in a walk. I also needed precise geometric control at the pixel level, and Photoshop was a clear winner in that area. There wasn't any art to that, strictly technical imaging. Gromit

3DSprite ( ) posted Sun, 27 February 2000 at 11:57 AM

......but you just can't beat that awsome cloning tool that comes with Corel Photopaint! It's a winner with that one.;-)

Gromit ( ) posted Sun, 27 February 2000 at 10:56 PM

They must have added that since I used it. I have to wonder what it can do that the cloning tool in Photoshop can't though. I use it a LOT and you can get an awful lot of different effects and such by varying the opacity, brushes, image sources, aligned/non-aligned, etc. What does the cloning tool in Photopaint do that is different/better? Gromit

3DSprite ( ) posted Mon, 28 February 2000 at 7:34 AM

I am referring to Corel 8, which is what I use, I don't figure much has changed for the worse in version 9?? I find that the "cloning tool" is much more user friendly and versatile in Corel Photopaint which is rather dissapointing to me. I would much rather do without having another big fat Paint program taking up room on my hardrive just for this reason. I could use that space for more Poser files, geez, they are big eh?? ~3D ;-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.