Tue, Oct 22, 10:07 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 20 11:30 am)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Truespace 3 is available Free..

Nicodemuz ( ) posted Mon, 28 February 2000 at 2:16 PM ยท edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 10:01 AM

For anyone that might be interested in getting a free copy of truespace...Computer Arts Magazine has a full working version...not a demo...of truespace 3 se on their attached CD that comes with the magazine...bought it yesterday. It also comes with a special price to upgrade to the full version 4 of TS. Compared to Bryce the interface is lousy...but it adds to your arsenal of model making tools and it only will set you back about 8-13 bucks. Also, there is another program out there called Blender thats free...just type it in your search engine...this one is a bit trickier than anything I've ever used...but it's pretty amazing for freeware. If you have win98 and a Voodoo3 card watch out this thing is buggy about it...voodoo isn't very good about opengl...which is what blender runs on...I posted a tutorial for people trying to figure out this bug. Anyway; there are other tools out there to help enhance your 3d experience...but as far as interface goes I think Bryce has got them all beat...even Maya...

Kipper ( ) posted Mon, 28 February 2000 at 4:54 PM

thanks for the tip.

Art ( ) posted Mon, 28 February 2000 at 8:27 PM

Nicodemuz, While true, the user interface isn't quite as cute or intuitive as Bryce, rest assured, with a bit of practice, Truespace will run rings around Bryce in terms of modeling ie: primitives, metaballs, textures, etc. The rendering engine also produces astonishing results in a fairly short time. If you want to model on a more cost effective budget...Truespace! If you want landscapes...Bryce. Just trying to shed a bit of light for those concerned. Regards, - Art -

Nicodemuz ( ) posted Mon, 28 February 2000 at 10:09 PM

Thanks Art; Of course, I'm just starting out with truespace due to getting this free copy. Thanks for letting us know there's something to look forward to in this program. I've heard a lot about it on the web and from a few friends but didn't want to spend the money on another program. I'm just glad this one's free. So many programs...so little time.

Quikp51 ( ) posted Tue, 29 February 2000 at 5:27 AM

Keep in mind everyone in the other forum says the first batch released with the magazine is corrupt ( missing basic video GLide driver .dll's ) but they re-released the program with their latest issue and has corrected this problem. Supposedly it runs fine now , FYI.

Quikp51 ( ) posted Tue, 29 February 2000 at 12:41 PM

Yup they're PC.

nandus ( ) posted Tue, 29 February 2000 at 4:00 PM

Is that the February issue? I live at the south corner of the world, so the magazines here are always 1-2 months old :-(

Quikp51 ( ) posted Tue, 29 February 2000 at 5:16 PM

Feburary issue ? , I wouldn't know I bought ny tS4.2 . I'd post this question in the 3D Applications forum , you're bound to get your answer there.

anvilhead ( ) posted Sat, 04 March 2000 at 3:06 PM

Thanx. Free is great to get started in a program.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.