Thu, Sep 19, 10:56 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:52 pm)

Subject: Free Posable Centipede!

brycetech ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2002 at 1:55 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 10:55 PM

Attached Link: Free Centipede

Thanx to everyone out there for being you :) Its been a while since I gave away a critter. Im actually on hiatus from making characters for a while. I probably wont return to making any til fall/winter. Anyhow, I have a new free download. A brief word about this little guy..he has 180 posable parts! So lesser computers are gonna scream in pain while posing him. Newer computers will laugh and move along. He comes with a few poses so that older computers can get him out of his default position quickly. get him at: http://www.posertech.com/models/pages/centipede1.html have fun :) BT PS: Well, as they say..nothing in life is really free so you have to wade thru a few promos for the 'for sale' characters/cds but the centipede is there near the bottom of the page. Actually, this serves a dual purpose. I want to make sure that previous customers realize that they can apply previous purchases toward the cost of the cd's (I'm trying to be fair to everyone. :))

brycetech ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2002 at 1:56 AM

file_16512.jpg

doh!

ardvarc37 ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2002 at 2:15 AM

Thanks for the critter! I'll have Noggin's Chameleon eating it up! Alex

brycetech ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2002 at 2:29 AM

do chameleons eat centipedes? I personally think they taste odd..even with milk and sugar :P BT

ElectricAardvark ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2002 at 2:33 AM

Creepy BT...I like it, thanks. ~EA

William ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2002 at 3:52 AM

This is really cool, and something no-one else has tried doing. Thanks! Was looking forward to a new model from you, having it free is even better!

davidm ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2002 at 4:36 AM

WOW!! Thank you Brycetech! That is totally fabulous! Dave :-)

x2000 ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2002 at 8:03 AM

I have a feeling the Renderosibee will be having a new, many-legged foe to contend with soon over in the Magazine Interact forum! And piles and piles of thanks to Brycetech. Without all of the wonderful Amapi creature creation tutorials you've posted in the Amapi forum, there probably wouldn't even BE a Renderosibee!:)

spratman ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2002 at 8:25 AM

Oh coool! Perfect just the alien (greatly enlarged of course) I was looking for to glare at mike. Thanx Dude! You da man! Jon

AprilYSH ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2002 at 9:32 AM

EEEWWW!!! that's so generous of you as usual :) but i can't bear looking at it... ick!

[ Store | Freebies | Profile ]

a sweet disorder in the dress kindles in clothes a wantoness,
do more bewitch me than when art is too precise in every part

brycetech ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2002 at 10:27 AM

thanx all :) lol@april ewwwwwwww.... lol I have been told in the past that many of my characters are "male" characters in that they are things guys would want. heh I need to make a 'female' kinda thing. (maybe put a wig on the centipede? lol) So who's gonna slap a saddle on this thing and plop the renderosibee on it? and yes, no one has done this kinda thing (for good reason). 180 parts done 'normally' would have been too much. Since I have a program that does most of it by just loading the model, this was really easy.

hardtwist ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2002 at 10:28 AM

Another fun and great model BT. Thanks!

x2000 ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2002 at 10:57 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12420&Form.ShowMessage=788635

I don't think Renderosibee will be slapping a saddle on THIS one...;)

lalverson ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2002 at 11:02 AM

Youa are a brilliant fellow, and an excellent modeler!

thgeisel ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2002 at 11:17 AM

Thanks BT ! And the CD with all your critters is a great deal!

shadowcat ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2002 at 12:19 PM

just a triffle of a problem when I unzipped, winzip had a problem with the readme's due to the fact that I had a readme file located where you have a readme folder. Here's the log: Extracting to "C:Program FilesMetaCreationsPoser 4" Use Path: yes Overlay Files: no C:Program FilesMetaCreationsPoser 4readme exists but is not directory unable to process C:Program FilesMetaCreationsPoser 4readmeeula.txt. C:Program FilesMetaCreationsPoser 4readme exists but is not directory unable to process C:Program FilesMetaCreationsPoser 4readmecentipede_readme.txt. hope this makes sense (probably does) BTW have you ever tried to make that goofy bird of yours into a hair item or a hat?

brycetech ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2002 at 1:23 PM

the error you got is likely due to the options you have set for winzip. As Ive never seen this error before, I'm at a loss on what settings would need changed in winzip. Maybe a simple upgrade to the latest version would stop such errors. I never tried making birdy (or the technique) hat. I did mess with making a fur coat using the technique, but I gave up after a bit out of frustration in losing uvmapping in my modeller. :) BT

igohigh ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2002 at 1:25 PM

Actually they are quit tasty with just a tad of Tobasco Sauce ;) Thanks again BryceTech!

shadowcat ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2002 at 1:41 PM

not a big deal of an error, it's only the readme's, heck I can read those things without extrating them anyway. Just giving a heads up. anyway, thanks for the nifty contribution.

pokeydots ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2002 at 1:53 PM

I have to say when it comes to good deals, BT is the best! I went on a buying spree, over the course of a few weeks buying up some of his characters, and when his CD came out I got an IM saying I was eligble for a discount, because of previous purchases. And guess What I only had to pay a dollar for the CD!!! Now that is what I call great customer relations :) Thanks BT for all you do!

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

Virus ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2002 at 2:32 PM

Cool model, thank you for share it with us!!

SAL9000 - Hello Dr. Chandra, Will I've dream?

zorares ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2002 at 2:41 PM
CAD-MAN ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2002 at 3:14 PM

WHAOU!!! Your work is Great!!! Many Thanks for the model!!! :o))) Roland

brycetech ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2002 at 4:12 PM

hey, I hadnt thought of using tobasco sauce..that and a couple slices of wheat bread and they arent quite bad. lol so who's got the baddest computer and can use 25 or so of these in the same scene? If anyone can do that, you'd have the envy of the entire poser community (including me) :) BT

hmatienzo ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2002 at 4:19 PM

He is sorta cute, thanks!

L'ultima fòrza è nella morte.

Lemurtek ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2002 at 5:11 PM

Thanks BT, you make some great critters! Regards- Lemurtek

nikitacreed ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2002 at 5:40 PM

I could kiss you! You have no idea how much I needed something like this! =OD THANK YOU!! runs in circles giggling happily

Poppi ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2002 at 6:36 PM

) BTW have you ever tried to make that goofy bird of yours into a hair item or a hat? 'dem's fightin' words...i love that goofy bird. as for who has the "baddest" computer...i know i have the worst one. ;*) thanks, b.t. i look up to you....but, don't tell anyone Pop...pop...poppi!!!

hauksdottir ( ) posted Wed, 17 July 2002 at 1:57 AM

Wow! Nifty... and not "a male thing" at all. My cat is nervous around centipedes/millipedes but I enjoy watching them in the garden. What would I use something like this for? ::bright flash of light followed by sound of maniacal giggles disappearing like thunder rolling into the distance::

brycetech ( ) posted Wed, 17 July 2002 at 2:40 AM

ya know, until I was doing the anatomy research on this thing, I didnt know they had such mean looking jaws. No wonder you kitty is scared of 'em :) BT

hauksdottir ( ) posted Wed, 17 July 2002 at 6:28 PM

Yes, they are pretty fierce close up... not the sort of thing I'd want to put a curious nose next to!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.