Thu, Sep 19, 6:46 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 6:38 pm)

Subject: jill valentine test render -- comments and suggestions?

psychofish ( ) posted Thu, 18 July 2002 at 11:18 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 6:39 PM

file_16740.jpg

hey guys. another render for some comments...

if you're not familiar with her, it's supposed to be jill valentine from the resident evil series (#3 in particular). got the idea for doing this after seeing the youthful outfit item over at poserworld. :)

(other credits: hair- kozaburo. gun - rdna. skin tex- modified from one on happyworldland.)

anyway, i'd like some comments. i'm just "fleshing" her out at the moment, and i got the undead figures from 3d-cc.com so i can eventually work it all into a scene. in particular, her hair's a little weird, i think i need a better gun (the rdna one is great, but it's not what jill uses), she's missing the sweater tied around her waist (anyone got a clue how to do that?) and you can't see her feet because i haven't figured out the boots yet. (and the elbow.. well, i can't see any way around that but postwork, which i haven't done yet.) but i'd appreciate other comments.. like do you think it looks like jill at all, or should i do some more fiddling with the face dials? (it's p4 female btw.)

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Thu, 18 July 2002 at 12:25 PM

Attached Link: http://www.gamegen.com/fightgen/characters/jill.html

Excellent likeness, particularly the face. Stop fiddling.

Bring the hair down around her left ear.

Go to DAZ and download Questor's modern firearms from the freebie archives; you'll find a semi-automatic in there.

As for the boots ... hmmm ... visit Animotions.com. You'll find a close match in Comic Free Stuff --> Misc Downloads --> Warrior Boots for P4 Fem. They don't have the straps on top, but you can get strap and buckle props at EnglishBob's site, Cheapskate Graphics, and parent them to the boots. All you'll need after that is a good leather texture.

Extreme Worlds has some Resident Evil characters, if you're interested.

galactron22 ( ) posted Thu, 18 July 2002 at 5:15 PM
Online Now!

Pretty cool I'm Also working on one, and I'm Halfway through, but I'm Making Jill in her "Stars" uniform I'm only missing one thing, the shoulder pads if I could find them She'll be About 80% finished.

Ask me a question, and I'll give you an answer.

Red_Baron ( ) posted Thu, 18 July 2002 at 6:43 PM

http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=130399&Start=13&Artist=Red%5FBaron&ByArtist=Yes took a stab at it myself

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Thu, 18 July 2002 at 7:18 PM

I've seen enough reference photos of the shoulder pads to know what they look like, front and back. I'd take a crack at modeling it, galactron22, but with the harness holding it on, it would have to be a conforming figure. I haven't had much luck at creating conforming clothes from scratch, but I could give it a try this weekend, if you like.

galactron22 ( ) posted Thu, 18 July 2002 at 8:57 PM
Online Now!

Cool....I'll Take Any help I can get, Thanks little dragon.

psychofish ( ) posted Fri, 19 July 2002 at 10:51 AM

hey thanks for the really useful ideas little dragon. :) i actually did have questor's guns but i hadn't installed them and i forgot about it.. sigh. too many unused files laying around :P

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Mon, 22 July 2002 at 4:53 AM

file_16741.jpg

Despite being somewhat sidetracked this weekend, I've started working on Jill's STARS body armour. Thus far, I've only modeled the shoulder pads themselves. I have yet to construct the backplate, collar, and harness, or paint any textures/transmaps.

I realize that I've made the pads too narrow; rest assured that they'll be widened. Each part of the armour will have its own material zone, for separate texturing and transmaps. Don't like the buttons or harness? Make them invisible.

galactron22, I'll need to know which figure you're using (Posette? Victoria?) to create your version of Jill, so I can make the armour conform properly. Assuming, of course, that I can ever make anything conform properly.

If you have any comments or suggestions, post them here. I won't be back until Monday evening, as I'll be spending the entire day celebrating at the theater and catching up on the summer movies.

galactron22 ( ) posted Mon, 22 July 2002 at 11:20 AM
Online Now!

Thanks a lot little dragon I really appreciate this.actually I think they're coming out great, as far as the figure I'm using the victoria figure, and as far as the buttons or harness they could be used for the old version or the new version of the character, I dont Mind.
once again thanks a lot and, if there is any way to pay you back for this just tell me.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Thu, 25 July 2002 at 12:59 AM

file_16742.jpg

Since the theater wasn't showing *Spider-Man*, I had to settle for just *Reign of Fire* and *Men in Black 2*. Both films have their flaws, but I didn't go in with any grandiose expectations, so I got my money's worth of entertainment. I can catch Spidey on DVD later, I suppose.

I've completed the construction of the shoulder pads, backplate, and collar. They are now proportioned for Victoria. Currently, it's only a static mesh, but if you need it immediately, I can wrap it up for you as a smart prop.

Next up, the harness, textures/bumps/reflection maps, and the conforming bit. Perhaps another day's work, assuming all goes right.

galactron22 ( ) posted Thu, 25 July 2002 at 2:46 PM
Online Now!

It's ok take your time finishing your master piece, It looks amazing. I bow to your better knowlege and skills master. Try and catch spiderman it's a great movie, and they really stick to the original storyline, unlike X-Men.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Fri, 26 July 2002 at 2:11 PM

Feh ... all did not go right. :(

I made some severe errors with the harness. I'm not even going to post any pictures, it's too hideous to look at. On consideration, I might redo the harness as a separate conforming figure, since the leather should be more supple and flexible than the stiffened material of the shoulder pads. Then you can simply add the harness or not, depending upon your vision of the character. Plus, you'll have a neat conforming harness that you can use for other purposes.

On the other hand, I may finally have gotten the hang of making conformable clothing. I won't claim to have mastered the process yet, but I have been able to make the shoulder pads conform to Victoria, and they seem to hold up well in most poses. My thanks to FyreSpiryt for her Quick Conform files in Free Stuff, which helped considerably.

After I paint a texture and bump map, the pads will be ready. I'll take another crack at the harness this weekend. I'm thinking of adding some breast morphs to the harness so it'll fit more characters. Once I have both items finished, I'll bundle them together and put them in Free Stuff.

galactron22, my fee will be a render of your Jill Valentine character, wearing this stuff. Please notify me if you post an image in the Gallery; I'd love to see it.

galactron22 ( ) posted Sun, 28 July 2002 at 4:24 PM
Online Now!

Hey you got it, it will be my pleasure.

galactron22 ( ) posted Sun, 28 July 2002 at 11:24 PM
Online Now!

file_16743.jpg

Hey little dragon check her out.

JStryker47 ( ) posted Mon, 04 July 2011 at 11:57 PM

Here are a few that I made myself.  I used the Kristana model from daz3d, without the face morph.  And yes, I know I need help with lighting and shadows but I'm starting to get better with them and will update some of my renders whenever I can.

http://jackstryker.deviantart.com/gallery/11652702#/d2an7no

http://jackstryker.deviantart.com/gallery/11652702#/d2an7xk

http://jackstryker.deviantart.com/gallery/11652702#/d2ao53l

http://jackstryker.deviantart.com/gallery/11652702#/d2ao59a

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.