Sun, Oct 6, 10:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: HDRI some of my examples tell me which textures look best.

Vile ( ) posted Wed, 17 July 2002 at 9:22 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 8:18 PM

file_16686.jpg

These take the longest dang time to render LOL but came out pretty good I think. Here is Bronze.

Vile ( ) posted Wed, 17 July 2002 at 9:24 PM

file_16687.jpg

Chinese Turquoise

Vile ( ) posted Wed, 17 July 2002 at 9:32 PM

file_16688.jpg

Gold

LadyTieryn ( ) posted Wed, 17 July 2002 at 9:32 PM

I like the Turquoise. The bronze looks kinda plastic.

Vile ( ) posted Wed, 17 July 2002 at 9:40 PM

Hmm yeah it does. There are going to be two more in about 12 hours lol. Copper and Silver. Thanks for the comment.

clay ( ) posted Wed, 17 July 2002 at 11:42 PM

Nice perspectuves, I think I would drop the ambience on the background though, it makes it look just a tad flat, and on the statue change the color range, use a dirty looking greenish gold, somewhat dull, but let the reflection and specular still come through. I hope that makes sense LOL!! Great work overall though!

Do atleast one thing a day that scares the hell outta ya!!

Vile ( ) posted Thu, 18 July 2002 at 12:00 AM

Thanks Clay. There there is no ambience (transparent with 300 lights and the sun for some GL) on the background but I get what you mean. A greenish gold I will have to work on that one.

Crakmine ( ) posted Thu, 18 July 2002 at 1:06 AM

mmm chocolate romans... I mean.. what? Very nice, but I like the green

vasquez ( ) posted Thu, 18 July 2002 at 4:11 AM

the first one is better, according to me

Ang25 ( ) posted Thu, 18 July 2002 at 9:08 AM

I'd like the second one better if it were more of a matte finish, not so shiny. The shiny works great on the gold, can't wait to see how silver and copper come out.

tjohn ( ) posted Thu, 18 July 2002 at 10:56 AM

Maybe the bronze would look more natural by turning the reflections and spectral highlights almost off. The real-life bronzes I've seen weren't all that shiny or reflective. Love the statue object!

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

Patricia ( ) posted Thu, 18 July 2002 at 1:02 PM

tjohn's correct--especially in the case of the turquoise material, if it's meant to be a patina on bronze. It's oxidized metal and has little shine unless it's been worn by handling. In France, I saw a statue of the Madonna that was old, darkened, oxidized brass or bronze---but her outstretched hand was shiney and much lighter from people constantly reaching up and touching it for hundreds of years.

lsstrout ( ) posted Thu, 18 July 2002 at 3:20 PM

Patricia has a point about the aging - all these textures look so darn new! Maybe that's part of your goal, but most statues I've seen in person or in pictures have an antique look to them, except perhaps for jade. I'm also looking forward to the copper and silver.

electroglyph ( ) posted Thu, 18 July 2002 at 8:21 PM

file_16689.jpg

I did this with the tarnished tin from the metals presets. I shifted the specular color from green to an orange. Then kicked the ambience up to ten. It really makes the surface look aged and less buffed.

Vile ( ) posted Thu, 18 July 2002 at 8:32 PM

OOOoo looks good I will try it. Although I think you like what I have coming up!

cshaftoe ( ) posted Thu, 18 July 2002 at 8:36 PM

How about just plain old marble......many statues were made of this...?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.