Fri, Sep 20, 1:39 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Feature Film Frame Rate Question

cainbrogan ( ) posted Mon, 22 July 2002 at 10:20 PM · edited Thu, 05 September 2024 at 11:24 PM

I'm wondering how many frame per second are shown during Hollywood feature films, like Star Wars? I know 30/sec. is the norm around here on th desktop, but what would a really good short require? = )

sanvito ( ) posted Tue, 23 July 2002 at 12:24 AM

I think that most movie projectors run at 24 fps. At least anything larger than Super 8. Steve S.

ariannah ( ) posted Tue, 23 July 2002 at 1:51 AM

The norm is 24 fps. Although I don't work exclusively in features, this has been the norm in all of the 35mm format projects I have worked on during the past 15 years.

Arry

I dare you, while there is still time, to have a magnificent obsession. --William Danforth

Rayraz ( ) posted Tue, 23 July 2002 at 2:41 AM

I thought it was 25 fps, but I think I can't beat 15 years of experience :-)

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

cainbrogan ( ) posted Tue, 23 July 2002 at 2:51 AM

How big is a movie screen, and what resolution will it reflect?

sanvito ( ) posted Tue, 23 July 2002 at 9:13 PM

I think you mean the aspect ratio rather than the size. Go into the Document Setup and you'll see that Bryce has quite a few presets for various formats (70mm, Vistavision, Cine35, etc.) It all depends on what you're planning to show it in. Steve S.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.