Fri, Sep 20, 7:44 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Draw 3dobjects by hand, lost link!!

Rimkopf ( ) posted Thu, 25 July 2002 at 3:32 PM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 7:39 AM

For about 6month ago I found a prog. were I could draw 3dobj/models in "freehand"...but, I lost the link. Does someone here knows the name of this prog? They had a java based (applet) demo and it was a very cool litle prog. It was not shapemagic. Help!

gebe ( ) posted Thu, 25 July 2002 at 3:37 PM

Attached Link: http://www.mtl.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~takeo/teddy/teddy.htm

If it is the one I announced here about 6 month ago:-) it is Teddy2. It is great and should not be forgotten, because some objects are made fast and easy. Guitta

Rimkopf ( ) posted Thu, 25 July 2002 at 5:22 PM

GREAT! That's the one. Thank you!

zoon ( ) posted Fri, 26 July 2002 at 6:42 AM

The teddy page has a link to 'Alice'. I have installed alice and it is working. However, on installation alice asked for a restart - and completly destroyed my video system, found myself back in 640 480 16 colours, it took 3 re-starts and lots of fiddling to get back to normal. Just for a laugh I tried it on a second machine, with the same effect, video drivers wiped out. But they can be brought back. Teddy is WONDERFUL, doesn't work most of the time, but when it does, its great. Who needs Vue, lightwave, etc when you have teddy???

gebe ( ) posted Fri, 26 July 2002 at 7:03 AM

I had no problem with Alice on my computer and Teddy always works. Teddy is a nice little program where you can do things you cannot in Vue. Try to create waterdrops just in seconds with Vue:-). Alice is not really necessary, but when you install Teddy, also install his little brother CHAMELEON. With chameleon you can paint directly your 3d objects and it exports with the textures. Guitta

gebe ( ) posted Fri, 26 July 2002 at 7:04 AM

I had no problem with Alice on my computer and Teddy always works. Teddy is a nice little program where you can do things you cannot in Vue. Try to create waterdrops just in seconds with Vue:-). Alice is not really necessary, but when you install Teddy, also install his little brother CHAMELEON. With chameleon you can paint directly your 3d objects and it exports with the textures. Guitta

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.