Sat, Sep 21, 5:59 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Poser to VUE

Lestat ( ) posted Fri, 03 March 2000 at 1:40 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 5:45 PM

I am playing with a friend's VUE 3 and I can't get it to import my poser figures. I save them as .obj in Poser which Bryce accepts, but I guess Vue does not. What should I be saving them as or am I missing something in the import?

Lestat ( ) posted Fri, 03 March 2000 at 1:43 PM

Clarification, sorry. It imports the .obj but the figure is huge and squashed.

gebe ( ) posted Fri, 03 March 2000 at 2:58 PM

A friend's Vue or a illegal copy ? Ask your friend to place the questions here :-) And buy Vue, sure you like it already :-) Guitta

Lestat ( ) posted Fri, 03 March 2000 at 3:16 PM

Gebe, you may pick an arse cheek and start smooching. I am taking my poser files on zip disk over to a friend's who has Vue 3, legally, and trying to import them and play with it to see if I DO want to buy it. Now, if anyone has a real answer I would appreciate the help. Thanks.

quesswho ( ) posted Fri, 03 March 2000 at 3:25 PM

I import as an .obj they do come in large but squashed is something I haven't seen yet(I am sure you know to resize use the corner adjustments on the little box surrounding your obj). You will need to import the textures separetly and apply them. I have heard that you can use 3ds and the tex import with the model but I have never had any luck with that. When I import the texture maps I take them to a paint/photo program rotate 90 degrees and then flip/mirror them. Again I have read of other easier ways to do this but I haven't had luck with that either. Enjoy playing I know you will buy it when you see how well it works with Poser. Tootles, Marge

Lestat ( ) posted Fri, 03 March 2000 at 3:35 PM

Thanks, Marge. Perhaps I am resizing them wrong and squaushing them. We will try again this weekend. Did NOT know about the tex problem, but I can work around that too. Thanks again.

tesign ( ) posted Fri, 03 March 2000 at 8:32 PM

Hi Lestst, When you select the obj imported file, there are a few item near the obj as Marge mentioned, there is a "box". Select one of the corner and hold the mouse button and drag in or out and you can do scaling or sizing. Your 'squash' problem may be that your cursor is out of range while doing so and accidentally selected the "Cross" nearby....this does the twisting etc...and yes, depending on which window view you are working on, it does look "squash" as its is twisted. Check with your friend's manual on the items on rotating, sizing and twisting. You won't regret having Vue3...its not everything but a must in collection. Bill Tesign

black-canary ( ) posted Mon, 24 April 2000 at 9:27 AM

I've been getting good results exporting as .dxf from poser, they come in huge but not squished. This is in the demo of vue 3. mary black-canary

gebe ( ) posted Mon, 24 April 2000 at 9:53 AM

Yes, black- canary, but exported as Wavefront obj file is better, as you keep the original mapping :-) and the file is also smaller in OBJ then in DXF. Guitta

black-canary ( ) posted Mon, 24 April 2000 at 11:04 AM

Cool, thanks for the tip!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.