Fri, Sep 20, 11:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Waiting

Michelle A. ( ) posted Fri, 26 July 2002 at 8:40 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 9:37 PM

file_17733.jpg

Waiting at the hospital sux.....I took my camera with me..... I don't know who this person is....she was waiting too....

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

Michelle A. ( ) posted Fri, 26 July 2002 at 8:41 AM

file_17734.jpg

Of course there's never anything good on TV.....

--- michelleamarante.com

Michelle A. ( ) posted Fri, 26 July 2002 at 8:42 AM

file_17735.jpg

This caught my eye...........

--- michelleamarante.com

azy ( ) posted Fri, 26 July 2002 at 11:41 AM

Hope your ok, love the last shot,looks like a nightmare

Eggiwegs! I would like... to smash them!

bevchiron ( ) posted Fri, 26 July 2002 at 11:43 AM

That last one is awesome Michelle, I love it!! The first one is very good too, great composition & light really focuses on the woman, I can imagine just how she feels!

elusive.chaos

"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star...." (Nietzsche)

doruksal ( ) posted Fri, 26 July 2002 at 12:20 PM

Very long time and no contribution of any kind from me...
How have you all been..?

Dear Michelle, I hope you were waiting in the hospital for nothing serious as a health issue.
If so, I hope it's all OK after all the wait...

As for the shots here, my favourite is the second one..!
The TV looks annoyingly 'alive' and 'watching' in its own 'person', and the composition and the contrast just contribute to the awkwardness of the scene..!

The third one has an effective composition for sure, but I think its contrast is too harsh.
For the first one, I think the composition needs to be a little more relaxed on the sides...
..Perhaps, a little more panoramic.

All IMHO, as always, and best regards... :)

starshuffler ( ) posted Fri, 26 July 2002 at 12:52 PM

Why were you at the hospital? (You don't have to answer this if don't want to. Nosy nosy me.) I hope it's nothing serious, Mich. These look like snippets from a Hitchcock flick. Really good treatment of the subject. I like the harsh contrasts. It has more depth (not literally huh) and makes objects more symbolic, more like a sneak preview on someone else's perception on things. I don't know if I'm making sense, so don't really have to listen to me... :-) (*

Michelle A. ( ) posted Fri, 26 July 2002 at 2:27 PM

Oh don't worry about me, I'm fine! My 76 year old grandmother had surgery for a blocked artery. So we waited and waited..... I was trying to capture the isolation one often feels in those places...(no offense PC!)....my favorite is the 3rd one...it's rather scary and forboding, and yes doruk the contrast is harsh :~) it didn't seem to be quite as effective in what I was trying to show without the very high contrast. Yup Star I think you got it!!

--- michelleamarante.com

PhrankPower ( ) posted Fri, 26 July 2002 at 2:51 PM

Well, late again after it's all been said, but the high contrast in the 3rd one scared the !@!#% out of me. I almost expect that wheelchair to start moving on it's own - right towards me! I think I'd rather be having my jaw removed at the dentist without any novocain than to pay an extended visit to a hospital waiting room! An excellent use of time Michelle!

firestorm ( ) posted Fri, 26 July 2002 at 3:54 PM

no.3 is a cracking picture...hope your grans ok.

Pictures appear to me, I shoot them.   Elliot Erwitt

Misha883 ( ) posted Fri, 26 July 2002 at 6:12 PM

Dear 'Chelle, so sorry you had to spend time in hospital. You've captured the atmosphere perfectly. Anyone who has ever been there will instantantly recognize that TV, and what you are trying to show. I know there are good people that work in such places, (PC), that try to make it cheerier, or at least less bleek. I've even BEEN in cheery hospitals! But sure was happy to get out. [But guess in any case it beat the alternative; they fixed what was wrong.]

Quinn ( ) posted Fri, 26 July 2002 at 8:26 PM

Michelle, Man hit me in the head right on. You nailed this one. #1 and #3 bleak and alone. #2 sterile. This from another guy who is/was a nurse. Nothing more to say, good work.

starshuffler ( ) posted Sat, 27 July 2002 at 2:04 AM

So I actually made sense, Mich? LOL

PunkClown ( ) posted Sat, 27 July 2002 at 2:49 AM

Firstly, I hope your Grandmother is ok Michelle... Secondly, such fantastic shots!! The third one is just awesome. The first one captures the isolation as Alpha so perceptively nailed it, of being an "outsider" in the Hospital system. It's ok for me, I get something to do, but when you are sick, or worried about a loved one who is sick...there is such a sense of helplessness and vulnerability (and often just plain bloody boredom) that is captured so well in this image. The second one, could have been taken in any hospital I've ever been in (and your right, there's never anything good on, LOL)! As Quinn said...good work!

bsteph2069 ( ) posted Sat, 27 July 2002 at 5:04 AM

I second all of the above. But the third. Gee Michelle no more sad juice or pills for you. Bsteph

mysnapz ( ) posted Sat, 27 July 2002 at 4:12 PM

#3 is great guess you have done some post work here is there some detail on the floor you could bring in to add a little interest in the foreground, I love the high contrast. :O)

Those who do not want to imitate anything, produce nothing. Salvador Dali

Caledonia ( ) posted Tue, 30 July 2002 at 11:26 AM

Had to add my two cents... The third is a very powerful and disturbing image. Nice work

Caledonia ( ) posted Tue, 30 July 2002 at 11:27 AM

Had to add my two cents... The third is a very powerful and disturbing image. Nice work

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.