Fri, Sep 20, 8:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: User friendly 3d prog

Rimkopf ( ) posted Mon, 29 July 2002 at 10:12 AM ยท edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 8:15 AM

I have been planning to do an investment in a 3d program (Rhino etc). I really love to do things in Vue, but now I would like to be able to make objects and so on, and perhaps give back to all of you who makes freebies. I prefer learn by doing, and not learn by drowning in a manual. Alternative: Rhino Lightwave Maya 3dsMax (looks unfriendly to newbies) or perhaps you have other tips. Which one should I choose?

gebe ( ) posted Mon, 29 July 2002 at 10:53 AM

Depends very much on the money you have in your pocket. All these programs can create objects. And all these softs can export in a Vue usable format. This is normally a question for the OT Forum. We don't discuss here other software:-). Of course, a friendly member can tell you what he uses to create his objects for Vue, but please do not discuss Rhino, Maya, 3DsMax or Maya features here. Guitta

tradivoro ( ) posted Mon, 29 July 2002 at 11:38 AM

I've been using Rhino and find it to be easy to use... There is also extensive support here at Renderosity at the rhino forum... A lot of people speak well of Lightwave, and then others that have tried lightwave have found Cinema4D to be much better... However, if you just want to model, rhino might be just the thing for you and then, render in Vue d'Esprit...

Rimkopf ( ) posted Mon, 29 July 2002 at 12:51 PM

Thanks to all who sent me Instant Messages with their opinions........and of course, to you...posting here! Guitta, it was never my intention to discuss other software, just a tip what my friends here at this forum were using for vue-model making ;-). Thx for OT-tip, never seen it before you mentioned it.

gebe ( ) posted Mon, 29 July 2002 at 12:56 PM

Thanks OK Rimkopf. I take care before undesired conversations starts. That's why I prefered to say it at the beginning. That's better then to move or lock a thread.. Thanks for understanding:-) Guitta

bernieloehn ( ) posted Mon, 29 July 2002 at 4:02 PM

Attached Link: http://www.wings3d.com

Try out Wings3d it is free!

Keep cool and fight for the right of others
to have a different opinion than you have!

;- ) Bernie

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.