Fri, Sep 20, 8:43 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: *Massive bug* ?? Need help quickly

brenthomer ( ) posted Wed, 31 July 2002 at 10:27 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 8:43 AM

I am on a deadline and trying to kick out a spot entirely in 3d but I am running into a carrara error where after working on a project for about 15min or so it will refuse to save and say something about an unknown error preventing the save. I cant work like this...I only have like 4 things in a scene and this same error keeps popping up. Anyone have any ideals? I am losing to much time here. dual p4 xeon 2ghz, win2000 sp2, 1.5gig ram, dual mon. -brent

ashley3d ( ) posted Wed, 31 July 2002 at 11:34 AM

brenthomer, I'm running a dual P4 1800, Win2000 sp2 1.5gig RAM with nVidia card. So far I haven't seen anything that has prevented me from saving a file. "Knock on wood I don't" but, I have had funky memory problems. Usually the problem would effect the whole program. Removing shaders or curser mismatch. The work-around I use is to save often or even reboot Carrara giving back the memory. Hope this will help --Ashley3D

ashley3d ( ) posted Wed, 31 July 2002 at 11:39 AM

Just thought of something. You say it happens every 15min, check and see what your Autosave is set for in Carrara preferences. --Ashley3D

litst ( ) posted Wed, 31 July 2002 at 12:20 PM

Hi Brent, Like Ashley said, it might come from your preferences settings . So, i'd suggest to backup the Carrara.ini file and delete it (Carrara must be closed) . If it fixes the problem, then send your backed-up preferences file to Eovia and explain the problem to them because the bug is not known yet . I hope it helps, litst

brenthomer ( ) posted Wed, 31 July 2002 at 1:01 PM

thanks guys, I'll check into that stuff and let you know what happens. Good ideal about the .ini b/c this has never happened before. -brent

brenthomer ( ) posted Wed, 31 July 2002 at 3:05 PM

It appears my problem is the .ini. After I delete it, the computer is stable for a few hours and then the .ini corrupts again. I'll try to send it to Eovia and see what they say. -brent

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.