Sat, Sep 21, 4:47 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: 'Colin', freebie for P4 boy- any suggestions for extras?

HaiGan ( ) posted Wed, 31 July 2002 at 10:25 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 4:44 AM

file_18348.jpg

Coming soon to Free Stuff: 'Colin' for the P4 boy- morph, texture, bump and transparency (the hair, however, is from Daz and won't be included). This has to be the most ambitious project I've attempted for Poser so far! I'm hoping to include a fit morph for Mike hairstyles, and a sticking-out-ears morph (both still in progress, as you can see from the images). While I'm finishing the morphs and packing the whole thing up, is there anything else people would like to see included? Expression morphs? Pose files to apply the maps (if I can figure out how to do that)?

3ddave44 ( ) posted Wed, 31 July 2002 at 10:42 AM

He looks marvelous - and the way you show up the differences between him and the default in your pic here is keen. Expression files are good but MAT files to apply maps are most convenient. They're not hard to produce and they go a long way in making Poser usable. I look forward to seeing the finished work - it's all great so far.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Wed, 31 July 2002 at 10:55 AM

This looks excellent....wow really good work...Sharen

Niles ( ) posted Wed, 31 July 2002 at 10:57 AM

Wow, that turned out very good... but the P4 boy has the same problem as the MM boys "very few Clothes". Hope you finish him, he would be a nice addition. Niles

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Wed, 31 July 2002 at 11:02 AM

How about a sunburn texture? I understand that redheads burn more easily. :)

chad100670 ( ) posted Wed, 31 July 2002 at 11:26 AM

wow, when will this be ready?????

SAMS3D ( ) posted Wed, 31 July 2002 at 11:50 AM

He reminds me of little Oppie on the Andy Griffith show...really stunning work. Sharen PS: love the hair

hmatienzo ( ) posted Wed, 31 July 2002 at 11:50 AM

I love that tooth gap!!!! You actually made that kid look human, LOL! I am looking forward to him.

L'ultima fòrza è nella morte.

hmatienzo ( ) posted Wed, 31 July 2002 at 11:52 AM

Oh, forgot... how about major scrapes on knees and?or elbows? And he -does- look like Opie!

L'ultima fòrza è nella morte.

Allen9 ( ) posted Wed, 31 July 2002 at 12:18 PM

As was said above, what p4Boy needs desperately is clothes. Other than that, this one sure looks good. Nice job.

RawArt ( ) posted Wed, 31 July 2002 at 12:25 PM

Woohoo....I was just looking for a p4 boy texture the other week, and could find nothing...this is great. Rawn

ablc ( ) posted Wed, 31 July 2002 at 12:28 PM

nice brat, ooops kid :)

Barbarellany ( ) posted Wed, 31 July 2002 at 12:33 PM

Great work. How about some eye textures as well. Maybe this boy will inspire some of the clothing makers.

dragongirl ( ) posted Wed, 31 July 2002 at 2:11 PM

You did such a nice job. Wonderful boy character!! -dg

lelionx ( ) posted Wed, 31 July 2002 at 4:02 PM

i'm getting the skateboard and waterbaloon props ready!

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 31 July 2002 at 5:07 PM

Wow. I never thought I'd see the P4 boy look human, but this is stunning! Great work!

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Thu, 01 August 2002 at 1:08 AM

Excellent texture work... it looks like little boy skin (not too damaged or weathered yet). However, please get rid of that stupid everybody-jumps-on-the-wagon eye glint! If you have the sun from the left and the glint from the right, as in your pictures above, it screams "fake" faster than a little stuffed doll with painted eyes. If you don't include the highlight, people can set up the lights and add it themselves (by many and various means). If you include the highlight, people will either have to change their lighting to attempt to match it (which thus encourages conformity), or spend time in PhotoShop getting rid of the darned thing. For things to add? Jug ears and maybe an up-turned nose. A bit of sunburn or freckling will be good, but I suspect that once people have their hands on your morphs (which have done wonders for him!!!) more textures will be coming out. Maclean did a model of bubblegum being blown IIRC.... but no waterballoons in my files. ;^) Yet. Thank you for tackling this, Carolly

Ironbear ( ) posted Thu, 01 August 2002 at 8:46 AM

Looks pretty cool, HaiGan. Look forward to seeing it... nice to see someone do some good work with the P4 kids.

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

HaiGan ( ) posted Thu, 01 August 2002 at 6:07 PM

Wow, I wasn't expecting quite so much interest! Thank you all very much for the positive response. :) I don't know when Colin will be ready for download; hopefully there'll be something for the start of next week, but only with the one texture to begin with. Scraped knees sound just the thing. The point about the highlight in the eye was a good one, I'll airbrush that out. The ears are in progress- I'll try to put a preview up tomorrow.

mondoxjake ( ) posted Fri, 02 August 2002 at 1:46 AM

I am always happy to see people making things for the basic stuff that is available to us 'Poser Poor People' who can't buy all the Vickies/Mikes and such. Possette is still the Queen of Poser models as far as I am concerned. Very nice work on your P4 boy...will be watching for it.

HaiGan ( ) posted Fri, 02 August 2002 at 8:49 AM

file_18349.jpg

A preview of the ear mods for Colin. Just a tiny bit of tweaking still to do. I'd have liked to have them sticking out even more but it's pushing the limits of the mesh. :(

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.