Sat, Sep 21, 12:37 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Susanna questions, need some help

-Waldo- ( ) posted Thu, 01 August 2002 at 5:45 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 12:26 PM

Attached Link: http://www.datamike.com/susu.htm

I bought Susanna from www.datamike.com/susu.htm tutorial manual came with it. "Creating a Bryce Scene" content part is difficult to understand. I wish it was more simple step to step tutorial on each movie project that Mike made with Susanna on his website. I sent several e-mails to Mike and asked him to make a simple step to step tutorial for those people who can't understand his complicated contents in his tutorial manual. His manual was like any other programmer who wrote books and no one else can understand it unless they are experts like the author. Mike re-wrote most of his manual except "Creating a Bryce Scene" the most important part, that needs to be re-written. The problem I have with Susanna is to set up Poser figure in Bryce for animation. Tutorial for Material won't be necessary because I want to learn how to set up animation first and then I will learn material. If it isn't possible, please tell me that and give me step to step tutorial how to do with all animation/material settings. I had Susanna for over a year now and never had any luck with it. I hope that one of you will be willing to help me understand Susanna application better. I can be contacted through any instant messenger. If I don't have IM type that you have, I will download it! My 4 Instant messenger addresses are: -MSN Istant Messenger- chwebber@hotmail.com gcwebber@hotmail.com -Aol Instant Messenger- clabaya -Yahoo Instant Messenger- lovemends or post your tutorial here Hope to talk with you soon Waldoo

Stephen Ray ( ) posted Thu, 01 August 2002 at 8:14 PM

<< I had Susanna for over a year now and never had any luck with it >> You and me both... I just finally written it off as a 50$ learning experience... Actually I don't think I'm doing anything wrong with it, it just doesn't seem work correctly with B5 and Win 2000 pro. Anyone else have any success with this version of Bryce and OS.

Stephen Ray

martindj ( ) posted Thu, 01 August 2002 at 8:21 PM

I have had it working with B5 and Win2000Pro. I will be testing it with my new XP system tomorrow (Saturday for me), and will post my results here. I may try to keep some notes of what I do to make it work, in lieu of a tutorial. David.

Aldaron ( ) posted Thu, 01 August 2002 at 9:48 PM

Attached Link: http://dawnstarproductions.50megs.com

You can always check out my tutorial at my website on how to do it manually, it's based off of things I learned from Susanna and Natural Pose.

joke ( ) posted Wed, 07 August 2002 at 1:29 PM

Waldo: here's how you set up bryce scene for Susanna: 1. Create a Bryce scene with mountain, object etc. 2. Add a square plate (2d object like Leo) where you want your Poser to be. Later Susanna will replace that with the Poser figure. 3. Name the plate to something, say, "test" That's it! If you want to use materials (other than those that come with Poser, often ok) then they have to be set as told in the manual. When you start Susanna remember to put the name test (or whatever) to Susanna's "Animation setup" windows field "OBJ follow parent object". The manual goes on a lot about how to set materials to different parts of the Poser object. You have to be careful there. Steven: can you elaborate what went wrong with your Win2000 setup.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.