Fri, Sep 20, 4:37 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:32 pm)

Subject: the best tool for modelling

postapulcino ( ) posted Sun, 04 August 2002 at 10:37 AM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 2:31 PM

Hi! Wich is the best tool for modelling a morph target, I mean, to take an OBJ, appliying some changes and than exporting back as OBJ morph target ? I am tring with 3dsmax (with the soft selection) but it's quite difficult! Is there anything easier ? Thanks!

FuriousGeorge ( ) posted Sun, 04 August 2002 at 12:08 PM

Attached Link: http://www.zbrush.com

zBrush is outstanding for creating morphs. There's a demo version. The demo doesn't allow you to import export OBJs but you can still see how the tools work. You can also try www.zbrushcentral.com to see many examples of what zBrush is capable of. , fgeorge

TalmidBen ( ) posted Sun, 04 August 2002 at 12:46 PM

I'm in love with Lightwave. However, go to www.codetwister.com and he has a great freeware morph creation tool.

ming ( ) posted Sun, 04 August 2002 at 1:31 PM

Rhino

dragongirl ( ) posted Sun, 04 August 2002 at 2:04 PM

Thanks for that codetwister idea - downloading now. :-) -dg

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sun, 04 August 2002 at 2:41 PM

MilkShape 3D works well. The current version won't load any of the Millennium figures' heads except for Victoria Reduced Resolution, and it doesn't have soft selection yet, but it's otherwise serviceable. You can try it out for free for thirty days.

Poppi ( ) posted Sun, 04 August 2002 at 2:51 PM

rhino

maclean ( ) posted Sun, 04 August 2002 at 2:55 PM

Attached Link: http://www.anim8or.com

postalpucino, I have max 3.1 and I use a free app called Anim8or to make most of my morphs. Get it at the link above, then go to Internet eye 3d, and get Steve Shanks tutorial on making Poser morphs in it. Forget Lightwave, Rhino etc. Try this first, then spend 1000s of dollars. mac

TalmidBen ( ) posted Sun, 04 August 2002 at 3:25 PM

The only modelling programs I've ever figured out were Lightwave 6.5 (which I got for $500, all legit), Milkshape (which Little Dragon introduced me to), and Codetwisters MorphMaster, for morphing. Ben

EricofSD ( ) posted Sun, 04 August 2002 at 11:28 PM

Attached Link: http://www.universe3d.com

I just got the 3dtoolkit from EI. Its an older version, 2.9, and I'm blown away. For the price, $200, you get amorphium pro 1.2, universe modeler, animator, and 3g of video training. I posted in the community ideas about a forum for EI. I don't know about morphing in Universe, but you can make just about anything, and amorphium allows for a fair amount of additive and subtractive stuff. One of the best morphs is the magnets in Metasequoia.

thip ( ) posted Mon, 05 August 2002 at 5:31 AM

Amapi v. 4.15 is free and very powerful. A slightly unusual interface, but one hell of a modeling app. Check out the Amapi Forum for download link and tutes (search for "exercises" and "project" and "conforming" for a start). A good, cheap commercial modeling app is TrueSpace - version 4 is very low-priced these days (www.caligari.com). It's the app of choice for PhilC, shouldn't need any more recommendation than that ;o)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.