Fri, Sep 20, 3:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 3:20 pm)

Subject: Newbie to Poser Questions (Only two questions!)

HORNO ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2002 at 8:22 PM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 3:32 PM

Hi. I have a few quick questions with Poser 4. 1) I load a figure. Then I add hair but the hair always floats above the figure. Then I set the hair onto the position on the figure that I want by using the X,Y,Z coordinates. But, when I click on a preset pose, the hair doesn't move along with the figure. How do I get the hair to stick to the figure??? 2) Animation - let's say I want to do a 300 frame walk cycle. When I select a preset walk cycle that is only 30 frames, is there a way that I can repeat the 30 frame cycle to make it look like the figure is continuously walking for the full 300 frames? I guess what I want is to loop the 30 frames over and over till I reach 300 frames. Is there an easy way to do this? thank you for any advice!

Valandar ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2002 at 8:28 PM
  1. Use "Object - Lock Actor" on the hair after positioning it properly. What you describe matches using Vicki hair for Posette, or otherwise using a hair for a figure other than the one it was originally designed for. 2) Unfortunately, i do not know.

Remember, kids! Napalm is Nature's Toothpaste!

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2002 at 8:36 PM
  1. Select the hair, then parent it to the figure's head. Object menu --> Change Parent 2) There are a number of ways to go about this. First, you could load the 30-frame walk cycle from the Library, move your keyframer to the last frame of the animation, and then load the 30-frame walk cycle again. It'll be appended to the end of the animation. This is rather clumsy and tedious, however. Second, you could apply the walk cycle, then go to the animation graph and copy-paste the keyframes repeatedly. This, too, is awkward. Third, you could open the Walk Designer (Window menu --> Walk Designer) and start playing around with the settings. Once you have a walk style you like, click the Apply button. You'll be able to specify the number of frames, as well as how many times you want the cycle to repeat.

HORNO ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2002 at 12:02 AM

Thanks for the quick responses! I have tried setting the hair as a child to the head. This seems to work most of the time, but occasionally, when I use a preset pose, the hair sometimes moves down, making the figure bald on top and hair growing from the side of the cheeks. Not my desired effect! ;) The character I am using is Victoria. I may be using hair that wasn't designed for her. Little Dragon -- thanks for the advice with walk designer. I haven't gotten that far in the tutorial yet. I'm one of those people that wants to just dive into something without reading the manuals. I'm just lazy! I think walk designer will be the best option. nu-be-- I'm actually not a newbie to animation -- just new to Poser. :)

EnglishBob ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2002 at 7:55 AM
Online Now!

If you're loading hair from the hair library, it should automatically parent itself - but you will need to re-position and possibly re-scale if you're using hair on a figure it wasn't intended for. If your figure has clothes at this point, make sure you have the person selected before applying hair. Otherwise the hair gets parented to the clothing and will never work right. If you're trying to use conforming hair, that works like an item of clothing - you need to conform it to the base figure. Making it work on a different figure would be difficult.

EnglishBob ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2002 at 7:58 AM
Online Now!

So - your first name must be Al? (Al Horno - Spanish for baked, literally "of the oven".) Sorry. :-)

HORNO ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2002 at 9:52 PM

thanks EnglishBob. I'm not sure if the hair is for Vicky or who its for. I think it is probably the wrong hair for Vicky. Nope, my first name isn't Al. :) HORNO is actually short for a nickname that was given to me. I'd tell you the whole story, but I'm sure your not that interested and its a looooooooonnnnnggggggg story. But, thanks again for the advice.

FyreSpiryt ( ) posted Sat, 10 August 2002 at 5:45 AM

I recently had the moving hair problem on a custom figure. After parenting, I went to the object menu and selected "Lock object" (or whatever it is. I locked the hair.) That seems to have fixed it.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.