Tue, Oct 22, 1:42 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 1:40 am)

Subject: Legionnaire at DAZ

MeInOhio ( ) posted Sat, 10 August 2002 at 10:19 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 1:29 AM

Not sure if anyone else bought this yet. But I had a little trouble. I bought it and the Brown sugar texture. After I placed my order, it timed out on me. I was able to go into my order history and download the brown sugar texture, but the legionnaire link said that the file didn't exist, so I guess I'll be waiting until Monday for someone to fix the link. I also only got part of the lettes they send out. They usually send out four. I only got two. The ones without the links of course. BTW, I was wondering how everyone feels about making purchases on line with a ATM card. Is it a good thing? Bad thing? And why? Thanks. Kevin

queri ( ) posted Sat, 10 August 2002 at 11:12 AM

Never had a problem getting things set right again by Daz. You do have to wait over the weekend, that's about the only downside. But they bend over backwards to keep their customers happy. Tell them what happened with the Legionaire and they will fix it-- there might be something wrong with the upload or they can always give you a new place to download it from. For the record, I dang near bought out the store during this last big sumer sale-- There were a few older items that were difficult to download. They made everything work for me. I trust Daz to take care of their customers. Emily

ronmolina ( ) posted Sat, 10 August 2002 at 11:19 AM

Never had a problem purchasing online. Had a problem once using my card at a gas station were the clerk stole my information and made online purchases. Ron

MadYuri ( ) posted Sat, 10 August 2002 at 12:07 PM

I just had the same problem with the Milleniumn Beard. No link on the order page, no email with a link and no link in my order history. grummel Well, I reloaded the order history page and now there was a valid link. So, try again and it might work.

xoconostle ( ) posted Sat, 10 August 2002 at 1:54 PM

First, I trust DAZ with my credit card info. They're obviously on the up-and-up, and use encryption gateways to prevent hacking criminals from intercepting anything. I presume that even their accountants never see our CC numbers. You should never use a "bank card" online as such, meaning in a transaction where you'd have to enter your PIN in addition to your card number. DAZ doesn't do that, so you're safe with them. The reason for this is that there are extra protections against fraud when you use your bank card as a Visa/Mastercard/whatever. That's not true for bank card transactions...if someone commits fraud, you can only hope your bank will be willing to compensate. They may or may not. If someone gets your PIN ... just hope they're honest! I'm referring to USA CC protections, don't know how this works elsewhere. I've made many purchases on the 'net over the years, usually with trusted, established names like Amazon (or DAZ or Renderosity,) and have never once had a problem with fraud or theft. (Not saying it doesn't happen, though!) As always whatever cautions you take are prudent. I'm sure you're safe with DAZ and R'osity. Beware of sites and services that have "automatically renewing" memberships, usually noted in tiny, tiny print.

shadowcat ( ) posted Sat, 10 August 2002 at 4:55 PM

I don't have a credit card, but I do have an ATM card with mastercard ability. Your credit limit is the amount you have in the bank so you don't over spend, weather that is good or bad is a matter of preference. One big advantage that this method has over a regular credit card is that if someone does steal your info they can't steal more than you have in the account. My step dad was using his regular card for everything until I convinced him to get a separate bank account with a debit/credit card for online & day to day spending. Now every week he puts a set $ amount into that account and saves his "real" credit cards for backup.

queri ( ) posted Sat, 10 August 2002 at 6:18 PM

The credit card I regularly use with Daz is my ATM/debit card. I use that here as well. The only places I've found that sometimes won't accept it are Some European countries. Either Catherina Harders or SteffyZ's store had probs with it-- don't remember which. I used PayPal instead. Same card;-) Emily

DgerzeeBoy ( ) posted Sat, 10 August 2002 at 6:30 PM

Had the identical problem 2 days ago with the Millennium Beard and the same problem last night (Friday 8/9) with the Legionnaire. The download links to a file does not exist page. Utterly frustrating. And a really lousy way to conduct business. This seems to be a recent, recurring phenomenon at DAZ, and I'd like them to fix it. Waiting...waiting...til Monday...

MeInOhio ( ) posted Sat, 10 August 2002 at 7:02 PM

Well, I certainly trust DAZ, and the experiences I've had with them have always been good. Whenever I've had a problem, they've always given me a new link. The question about an ATM was unrelated. I just wondered if it was safe or not. I know credit cards have some protection against unauthorized use. I wasn't sure about ATM cards. But I don't suppose it would be any different using it in a store or using it at a trusted online store. Thanks. Kevin

casamerica ( ) posted Sat, 10 August 2002 at 8:29 PM

There are two things I have learned when it comes to purchasing online from DAZ: 1.) Do not purchase over the weekend. While the people are away, the gremlins will play sorta thing. 2.) If you ignore #1 and have a problem, DAZ will ALWAYS make good on it. Seriously, I have had an occassional snafu with DAZ orders and they have ALL happened over the weekend. And they have ALL been remedied quickly once the weekend ended. Take care and be well. casamerica

Crescent ( ) posted Sun, 11 August 2002 at 10:15 AM

Well, they put their merchandise out on a Friday afternoon, so of course they get swamped on the weekend with people buying things, and the chances of download problems increases dramatically. If they put things out on Thursday, they could be there on Friday morning to help with the expected glitches from the first day order overload that always occurs.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.