Mon, Oct 7, 4:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / 3D Modeling

Welcome to the 3D Modeling Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433

3D Modeling F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 9:36 pm)

Freeware 3D Modeling Software Links:
Blender | Trimble Sketchup | Wings 3D | Anim8or | Metasequoia | Clara IO (Browser-based 3d modeler)

Check out the
MarketPlace Wishing Well, as a content creator's resource for your next project.

"What 3D Program Should I buy?" Not one person here can really tell you what's best for you, as everyone has their own taste in workflow. Try the demo or learning edition of the program you're interested in, this is the only way to find out which programs you like.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: wings

wozzyke ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2002 at 11:04 AM · edited Mon, 07 October 2024 at 4:27 AM

file_19282.jpg

I'm new to modeling and got wings because Hypro told me it existed, so I downed and tried something. After a few hours I began to learn and started modeling something. Ok tell me what you think... wozz

Moebius87 ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2002 at 11:10 AM

This guy has got a lot of character. For a first try and only a few hours, this is pretty impressive. Keep going!

Mind Over Matter
"If you don't mind, then it don't matter."

Lucy_Fur ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2002 at 11:22 AM

I have this app G looks like fun I'm a big chicken when it comes to trying to learn to model, so perhaps I should actually give it a go. ;) I keep saying that tho.........sigh

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2002 at 11:46 AM

LOL, I love him, what a different looking guy....Sharen

wozzyke ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2002 at 1:17 PM

file_19284.jpg

later....

kingkyle ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2002 at 5:41 AM

LOL looks like my old boss great char wozz!!

wozzyke ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2002 at 2:47 PM

file_19285.jpg

here is a full body, tell what is bad and what good, need more work I know but need comments

loganarts ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2002 at 3:18 PM

heyas wozz, looks very interesting. id love to see an unsmoothed wireframe of ur model to able to discuss the actual modelling.. cheers, loggie

ShadowWind ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2002 at 3:47 PM

Very cool modeling there wozz. You look like you took to that program like a natural...

odeathoflife ( ) posted Sat, 10 August 2002 at 9:57 PM

Looks ok but I see that you use warez. You should be careful of teh screenshots that you post. I hope you are having fun with your backdoor trojans and spyware.

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

wozzyke ( ) posted Sun, 11 August 2002 at 5:11 AM

file_19287.jpg

here are some wireframes, hope they fit your request...

loganarts ( ) posted Sun, 11 August 2002 at 11:43 AM

heyas wozz, great start man!!!!!! some tips: dont be afraid to add geometry. fell free to bevel, cut connect etc.. to be able to add detail anywhere in ur model. keep it up buddy, loggie

odeathoflife ( ) posted Sun, 11 August 2002 at 11:55 AM

I see that you removed the post with kaza running but you missed one :P #5 shows it in your quickstart. I have already alerted the mods about your previous post, and even though you removed the picture they still can see it.

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

FuriousGeorge ( ) posted Fri, 16 August 2002 at 5:31 PM

odeathoflife... what "warez" product do you see running? I hope you were correct and didn't wrongfully accuse wozzyke. kazaa does not = warez... is that all you saw? or am I missing something? , fgeorge

odeathoflife ( ) posted Fri, 16 August 2002 at 6:17 PM

what does Kazaa = if not warez? Does he like the look of that K?

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

odeathoflife ( ) posted Fri, 16 August 2002 at 6:20 PM

I also see that he has removed all pictures that you could see it in. In the old #10 he had the Kazaa running. If he has nothing to hide, and he is using Kazaa for liegitimate reasons (you tell me what that could be) then why did he remove them? The admins can still see the removed pictures so I leave it up to them.

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

FuriousGeorge ( ) posted Fri, 16 August 2002 at 7:58 PM

Let me pose you a question... If he was such a huge warez user... why would he elect to use a free modeler? I feel your statements are unfair and I can only hope that you didn't scare away a member of the community while you were standing on your soapbox.

odeathoflife ( ) posted Fri, 16 August 2002 at 11:32 PM

Whatever man, he has Kazaa he uses kazaa (it WAS running in the old #10 post) I dont' know why he was using a free modeler, I am not a phsycic, I dont' care why he was using a free modeler. I do know that he was using Kazaa (he posted a picture of it running) I don't care if I 'scared' away a member...most likly he was banned for warez use. It's not a soapbox, its the TOS.

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

FuriousGeorge ( ) posted Sat, 17 August 2002 at 1:15 AM

Three things... #1. Please explain where the TOS says that you can't run P2P software. #2. And this is for everyone... if you're doing screen shots... ALT-Print Screen puts the active window into your clipboard (on the Windows platform). That will save you the trouble of cropping your image & it will protect your privacy. #3. wozzyke, thank you for sharing your modeling with us. I hope that this thread has not soured you on Renderosity and that you will post some of your future work also. , fgeorge

FuriousGeorge ( ) posted Sat, 17 August 2002 at 1:15 AM

Three things... #1. Please explain where the TOS says that you can't run P2P software. #2. And this is for everyone... if you're doing screen shots... ALT-Print Screen puts the active window into your clipboard (on the Windows platform). That will save you the trouble of cropping your image & it will protect your privacy. #3. wozzyke, thank you for sharing your modeling with us. I hope that this thread has not soured you on Renderosity and that you will post some of your future work also. , fgeorge

odeathoflife ( ) posted Sat, 17 August 2002 at 2:11 AM

what ever man. I am not fighting with you about this.

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

wozzyke ( ) posted Sat, 17 August 2002 at 2:15 AM

George, I will do I have no problem with odeath, he's just doing what he thinks is right, and I'm not going to give up posting my pics because he thinks I use warez. And why I had removed that pic.... It was because when he was blaming me of using warez, there might be other ppl who will begin to think that way and thats not what I want, and if I was SUCH a warez user as he says, I would have removed that taskbar, so this is the proove I did not think it was wrong what I was doing..

FuriousGeorge ( ) posted Sat, 17 August 2002 at 10:19 AM

wozzyke... good for you (glad you weren't scared away by the 1 man lynch mob). , fgeorge

odeathoflife ( ) posted Sat, 17 August 2002 at 11:28 AM

Last post to this thread wozz....since you decided to show up What do you use Kazaa for?

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.