Fri, Sep 20, 4:37 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: My first FREE prop

Roy G ( ) posted Sat, 10 August 2002 at 3:21 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 4:36 AM

file_19471.jpg

Not exactly original, but here is my version.

It's a ruler for Poser. It measures one eighth of a Poser unit, which should equal one Poser foot.
The texture is a little rough but readable when rendered.
Free for commercial or non-commercial use. I hope you find it useful.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Sat, 10 August 2002 at 4:49 AM

LOL, hey this is great, really it is good. Thank you so much. Sharen

bikermouse ( ) posted Sat, 10 August 2002 at 5:45 AM

A sense of perspective ! good idea! - TJ

macmullin ( ) posted Sat, 10 August 2002 at 6:48 AM

How Wounderful... how about a Yard SticK...every one needs a yard stick. :-)

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 10 August 2002 at 7:48 AM

Hey Roy, that's great idea. This way I can make my props the proper size! Now... how long as a foot? in centimeters? well, I guess there must be a conversion table somewhere. Actually I KNOW there is :o)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Sat, 10 August 2002 at 8:00 AM

A Poser unit is correctly 100 inches = 8 feet 4 inches, so an eighth of a Poser unit is a foot plus half an inch.

davidgibson ( ) posted Sat, 10 August 2002 at 10:23 AM

Just what ever Nun needs

Patricia ( ) posted Sat, 10 August 2002 at 11:59 AM

An excellent idea....I can replace the plain unmarked one I made and stuck in Basic Props. Now how about a yardstick? ;^)

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 10 August 2002 at 12:23 PM

Attached Link: http://www.conversion.somewhere.net/

Does that mean that 1 Poser Unit equals about 2,5 meters? I always thought a Poser Unit was about the size of one of the default figures, but I guess I was wrong. Or..? (oh and the link is to a VERY old conversion page I once made. Perhaps it should be updated with Poser Units? ;o) )

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Roy G ( ) posted Sat, 10 August 2002 at 12:48 PM

Well some say 100" to a Poser Unit
Some say a Poser Unit is 8'
and some say 1 inch = .0105 Poser units.

One problem is that I don't think the Poser manual ever defines a Poser unit.

This is fairly close and you can always scale the ruler and make it any size you like :)

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sat, 10 August 2002 at 5:50 PM

Yet another reason to upgrade to Poser 5. It uses real-world measurements.

bikermouse ( ) posted Sat, 10 August 2002 at 6:09 PM

TG: 1 inch = 2.54cm 12 inch = 1 foot 2.2 lb = 1 kg 16 oz(wt) = i lb - TJ (bikermouse)

Roy G ( ) posted Sat, 10 August 2002 at 6:47 PM

So how much would a cup of Poser water weigh? I should make a Poser measuring cup. :)

bikermouse ( ) posted Sat, 10 August 2002 at 8:08 PM

a standard measuring cup or a demitas cup?

Roy G ( ) posted Sat, 10 August 2002 at 8:36 PM

"a standard measuring cup or a demitas cup?" Roy gets a odd premonition of doom as he ponders this Riddle. I don't know that. Whoosh I guess I've seen Monty Python and the Holy Grail to many times.

bikermouse ( ) posted Sat, 10 August 2002 at 9:31 PM

... bikermouse and the other grail seekers safely cross the narrow rope bridge only to find that fate has tricked them irrevokably once again . as bikermouse looks past the precipace he sees a fate worse that death, his jaw drops and he reaches towards his buckler. he hears a strange song playing - he looks toward the cacauffany only to see . . . "to be continued" - TJ

bikermouse ( ) posted Sun, 11 August 2002 at 11:20 PM
Roy G ( ) posted Sun, 11 August 2002 at 11:42 PM

So what does all of this have to do with the carrying capacity of the African Swallow anyway?

bikermouse ( ) posted Mon, 12 August 2002 at 12:33 AM

Roy, Nineveh, sorry. I don't think that it was ever established what kind of a swallow it was. Perhaps swallows visited Nineveh at one time, or silently conquered the Assyrian Empire in much the same way house cats conquered the Egyptians and more recently a large part of the modern world. It would explain a lot of things - if humans were not really the ones in control . . . but I digress, - TJ

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Mon, 12 August 2002 at 12:47 AM

The capital of Assyria is "A", as anyone who solves crosswords knows full well :-)

bikermouse ( ) posted Mon, 12 August 2002 at 1:22 AM

from the 1947 American College Dictionary 2nd ed.- Random House capital(1) 1. a city or town yadayadayada 2. a capital letter. 3. the wealth yadayadayada. . . . capital(2) the hwad or uppermost part of a column yadayadayada. ... Anthony, good point - but the first primary definition refers to a capital city or town. I've always wanted to do crosswords but mysteriously that section of the paper always seems to disappear before I get to it. I suspect the black throated grey wobblers but it may beany of the several neighborhood cats - Why it could even ba a dog or worse yet a human. so it goes, - TJ

bikermouse ( ) posted Mon, 12 August 2002 at 1:24 AM

hwad = head beany = be any

bikermouse ( ) posted Mon, 12 August 2002 at 8:22 PM

nu-be, I didn't knoooooooww thaaaaat eitherrrrr............. thumbp ! bump ? bang ! fwap !!! (that didn't hurt.) boom! bang! ching ??? (that didn't hurt) chawump ! kawappp1 ! ! ! # $ ! ! ! (that hurt)

bikermouse ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 11:17 PM

bang ! . . . thud ! . . . BOOOM!!!!! . . . bikermouse is heard to mutter from the bottom of a deep canyon, " . . . I have a brother?" bikermouse signals for his spacefaring motorcycle which obediently and obsessively dives down the bottomless pit to recover what is left of our bruised and battered fall guy.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.