Sat, Sep 21, 9:51 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: Elf of Autumn

Dal ( ) posted Thu, 09 March 2000 at 4:01 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 9:41 AM

Attached Link: http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/AlanMB/autumn.jpg

or, "The Last Unicorn" or "Do Ya Feel Lucky Punk? Do Ya?" :)) Pic two of my series. Thanks go to Ashlocke for the wonderful water prop which turned nicely into autumn mist after an evening fiddling about with it. The unicorns texture is the Fjording texture heavily modified, the trees I DL'd ages ago but I can't remember where from, the sky is bryce (What you can see of it :) ) And of course Trav for the face and boot morphs. The whole thing was rendered in poser4 with a bit of postrender work :) The first pic is in the poser gallery - "Elf of Winter" if you are interested. All comments gratefully received, All the best Dal

LoboUK ( ) posted Thu, 09 March 2000 at 5:17 AM

Very nice, the clothing is excellent and I love the expression on the Elf's face. You might like to create a transparency map for Ashlocke's water to give it that patchy look that morning mist has but that's only a minor thing. Excellent work Paul

SewerRat ( ) posted Thu, 09 March 2000 at 7:42 AM

the clothing is great the horse seems to be too "crisp and clear" compared to the rest of the picture, maybe darken some patches of it's hair or something? umm...unicorn not horse =) SewerRat

ColtCentaur ( ) posted Thu, 09 March 2000 at 8:36 AM

The horn is a bit too fat for me. It's also not directly on the forhead. Otherwise it's very nice :)

ColtCentaur ( ) posted Thu, 09 March 2000 at 8:39 AM

Also can you e-mail me that vest? I really like it! z4681019@gw.total-web.net

CEBrown ( ) posted Thu, 09 March 2000 at 9:38 AM

Very nice. Are they standing in water, or is that a ground fog? If it's a ground fog, I'd suggest taking LoboUK's suggestion and giving it a map to make it "patchy"er. If it's water, I'd recommend playing with the wave deformer to try give it some ripples if this is a Poser render.

Roshigoth ( ) posted Thu, 09 March 2000 at 1:39 PM

I like that vest too.. if you email it, please send it to me too. =) ozolins@imap2.asu.edu As for the pic, I think the horse (err.. unicorn) texture could use a transmap or something.. the mane/tail look too solid.. and again, I'd make the fog patchy as suggested above. Great start, though. =) Rosh

Eric Walters ( ) posted Thu, 09 March 2000 at 1:41 PM

Me likes it alot! I think I would rather be on her good side at this time! :-) That's Staal Loseth's fjording horse texture? Looks great! Love the Elf costume as well as the scene. Clever use of the water prop-the transparency map patchiness was a good idea too. I keep forgetting that P4 can make some nice renders as well. Bryce is great but sometimes smoothing is not too precise and "cracks" appear. Look forward to seeing Sring and Summer! Eric Walters

shdwcstr ( ) posted Thu, 09 March 2000 at 2:40 PM

Hmmm, looks like everybody wants that vest. Maybe you should post it before these people go ballistic (at least I'm hoping you will).

Dal ( ) posted Thu, 09 March 2000 at 2:50 PM

The vest is nothing special, honest:) Its only the female vest with a texture. The sleeve are the shirt sleeves, and the lower part is the skirt with a trans map, thats all... The unicorn does have a trans map, it just doesn't work on the mane when its morphed like that. I did try a bumpmap on the unicorn, but it always came out looking too "shaggy" If anyone has a transmap and bumpmap that works well, please mail me :)

Ihawk ( ) posted Thu, 09 March 2000 at 6:18 PM

The texture on that vest is very nice. If your not going to post the figure, would you be willing to post the vest texture? Obviously we love it!

bloodsong ( ) posted Thu, 09 March 2000 at 7:24 PM

heyas; it looks great, i love this series. :) you could try brushing out the mane/tail in post production. lyne has a tutorial on it (www.lynescreations.com), and you can pick up furry and hairy brushes and see some of my 'fur brushed' images at my place. (people.delphi.com/sphynx/gallery/index.htm)

MadRed ( ) posted Thu, 09 March 2000 at 9:40 PM

I really like the autumn look to the trees. I've been looking for some big fat old gnarly trees, too. Nice touch with the mist, I'll have to try that.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.