Thu, Sep 19, 10:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: 5.0, 5.0, 5.0, 5.0, 5.0, 5.0...????...WHY?

phillycheese81 ( ) posted Thu, 09 March 2000 at 2:49 AM ยท edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 8:07 PM

why is everyone give a 5.0 or a 4.0 to all the pictures they see.. shure its good to be nice but personaly i would rather have someone tell me they hate it so i can either work on it or try harder next time then have false ambitions.

Quikp51 ( ) posted Thu, 09 March 2000 at 3:18 AM

Well some people rate pics for different reasons. One might give a 4 or 5 because the sky makes them react in a good way. Having it bring back a good memory or something , I dunno. :O)

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Thu, 09 March 2000 at 8:42 AM

I have rated one pic a 5 I think ... To me that means wonderful but a lot of people are afraid to hurt someones feeling with anything less than a 5 ...

Ionah ( ) posted Thu, 09 March 2000 at 12:17 PM

I totally agree with you phillycheese. I prefer a honest comment on my pictures so I can learn from it. I'm not getting hurt when someone says that the things I make could be better. The most comments are very positive, while I think my work is far from perfect. This give two possibilities the viewers are really impressed because they haven't the same (high) standard as I or they are afraid to give their true opinion. When I think of the most of the artwork I see in this forums / gallery I think the standard isn't high as mine.

Roshigoth ( ) posted Thu, 09 March 2000 at 1:27 PM

I give fives unless I can think of something that can improve the image... I give 4's if I see something that could use improvement or if it overall just doesn't quite look right.. I give 3's only if there's a serious problem but an overall good idea.. I don't give 2's or 1's because I've yet to see something so bad as to deserve them. Of course, I often don't post a rating to something I don't like because I just don't bother looking at it.. also, if I'm in a bad mood, I don't rate things because I would give lower ratings than they deserve and rather rude comments.. To me, the numbers don't mean a lot.. it's the comment that means something. People piss me off if they give a low number without an explanation or suggestion.. I'll often give a 5 or a 4 accompanied by suggestions for improvement.. the work is 4-5 quality but there are possibilities for improvement.. Umm..I think what I'm trying to say is that I, at least, have a system for my ratings... and even if I give a 5, it doesn't mean it's perfect, it just means that I think it's a great pic... and I'm usually more interested in comments than ratings anyway. There's also the part that a 1-10 scale would be nicer.. some of what I give a 5 for would be better labeled as a 4.5.. and so on.. in-betweens, I round up usually. If there were 1-10, I'd give more in the 7-9 range, and only a few 10s.. I think I've ranted enough, Rosh

phillycheese81 ( ) posted Thu, 09 March 2000 at 9:09 PM

hehe...your right though...a 1-10 rating would be more usefull....if any of the renderosity people are reading this...it might be somthing u should try...i dont know how much code that would take to change it, but please think about it. -phillycheese

anvilhead ( ) posted Thu, 09 March 2000 at 9:40 PM

There has been so much talk about this, I have all but given up on a solution. I normally try to be honest under this system. 1=Poop "I've never given this one out" 2=Has some redeeming value in my opinion, work on it, here's your mistakes(SEE COMMENTS) "Think I gave this once to a newbie who had a long ways to go." 3=It's allright 4=Good to great(SEE COMMENTS) 5=Awesome or True to the subject matter or I forgot to change the value and your stuck you with a 5. I normally close the new window that pops up cus I got things to do, places to go... I asked for brutal honesty in a forum once. Got alot of 5's still, but I think I deserved many of them. I think the bottom line is, this is not a competition. If you want a particular type of comment or rating, you have to ask for it in your caption. Otherwise is all just willy-nilly nonsense. Anvil.

bonestructure ( ) posted Thu, 09 March 2000 at 10:43 PM

I generally don't comment on a picture if i don't like it in the first place. I'm a firm believer in the, if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all, school of thought. What can I say. I'm weird that way.

Talent is God's gift to you. Using it is your gift to God.

phillycheese81 ( ) posted Fri, 10 March 2000 at 2:16 PM

that is true also...many people have a link to there work because they have worked on it for so long. they feral bad when people say that its "not up to par". plus many people think they are done then people say well do more here or something like that and they just dont want to so they feal less adiquit(spell?). oh well -phillycheese81

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.