Sat, Sep 21, 12:56 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Quartz crystal on a flashlight

Quinn ( ) posted Tue, 13 August 2002 at 8:20 AM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 12:55 AM

file_19884.jpg

Hello folks, I was experimenting last night, and just wondering youre opinion. This is a Quartz cluster atop a flashlight, with the camera mounted to a tripod. I dont think Im finished yet, I was thinking of stuff like: #25 red filter on flashlight, using a peanut slave and putting a flash unit under the crystal, spraying it with a water bottle and/or shining a pointing laser through the crystal, while using the flashlight.

Anyway this is just one out of several, with a little dodge/burn in PS, and loss of detail due to compression. The batteries died in the flashlight so Ill try more over the next few days.

Any ideas for this concept?

Quintin

Caledonia ( ) posted Tue, 13 August 2002 at 11:00 AM

Your ideas sound great, can't wait to see the results.

azy ( ) posted Tue, 13 August 2002 at 11:50 AM

Put a laser through it! They all sound good ideas

Eggiwegs! I would like... to smash them!

starshuffler ( ) posted Tue, 13 August 2002 at 1:40 PM

Good ideas! What about putting multicolored translucent material (like cellophane) over a stronger light source? :-) it might not work, but hey... I wouldn't know that! LOL (shaggadelic, baby!) (*

Quinn ( ) posted Tue, 13 August 2002 at 4:28 PM

Thanks,

And, starshuffler, you got me thinking again, how to do a multi-color effect? Will not work to paint with dye on a clear sheet of acetate, how do it? Well what if I got a small bag of those multicolored beads, spread those across the top of the light hum...

{quinn wanders off, mumbling to self, and scratching head}

azy ( ) posted Tue, 13 August 2002 at 4:34 PM

Cool!!! Multicolored beads

Eggiwegs! I would like... to smash them!

starshuffler ( ) posted Tue, 13 August 2002 at 6:21 PM

LOL... I was thinking maybe you could look for translucent candy wrappers that you could tape together and stick over your light source (not too hot, though, they can melt) to beam through these crystals. I'm not sure if I'm making sense here... maybe some sleep could help... LOL (*

Michelle A. ( ) posted Tue, 13 August 2002 at 6:46 PM

Will be an interesting experiment to see......

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

Antoonio ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 1:07 AM

Neat one, and like others, I'm waiting to see the results too. .n

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.