Sun, Sep 22, 8:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: WalkDesigner and high heels problem!!!!

stelhar_1999 ( ) posted Tue, 13 August 2002 at 3:23 PM ยท edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 8:25 AM

Here is the thing, I Have e Female walking with High-Heels, i try to make a walk-video (simple steps) and i try to use the walk designer, I even use a path, the problem is that the figure walks as a barefoot one while the shoes just follow the movement, how do I fix this? Can it be done with the walk designer? Thanks!!!!!

Jaqui ( ) posted Tue, 13 August 2002 at 3:27 PM

short and simple answer, nope, walk designer doesn't work with heels.

stelhar_1999 ( ) posted Tue, 13 August 2002 at 3:30 PM

Thanks!

sturkwurk ( ) posted Tue, 13 August 2002 at 3:30 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=7437

If you're a poser pro user, then there's a python script that's suppose to be a good fix. http://www.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=7437 I've been debating on buying it myself. Doug

I came, I rendered, I'm still broke.

raven ( ) posted Tue, 13 August 2002 at 4:02 PM

Attached Link: http://www.nerd3d.com/

Or you could try Nerd, he has a walk designer fix for purchase to allow high heels and the millenium figures proper use of the walk designer.

agate88 ( ) posted Tue, 13 August 2002 at 4:08 PM

Actually you can just bend the foot to the appropriate angle in the first frame of the animation (usually around 45 degrees I think). Then remove all keyframes for the foot bend for the rest of the animation so it stays at that angle. (Also remember to adjust the figures position relative to the ground if that is important for your animation). It works pretty good, and I have used this trick. If you think about it, a woman doesn't really bend her foot much while in high heels, hence the reason why it is such an easy fix.

Jim Burton ( ) posted Tue, 13 August 2002 at 7:21 PM

file_19909.jpg

Or, dare I say this, you can use any of my figures, Supermodel Vickie, Supermodel Dina, Supermodel Lori (who is free), Pin-up Stephanie, Hi-Fashion Vickie (soon!). They all walk perfectly in heels, as I've got them well trained! They don't do very well in flats though, but what-the-heck, anybody can wear flats, even Mike! (Hi-Fashion Vickie says - "Flats, what are flats?")

mickey2 ( ) posted Tue, 13 August 2002 at 10:27 PM

Jim is that outfit available now for SMV ?

MAXseer ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 12:57 AM

you can also use morph targets to change the feet to fit the high heals.. i know i have seen them in the free section here. try searching for it.. if that doesnt work. a quick and dirty method that i have used is.. create the walk with the walk designer, delete all the keyframes for the Y-trans for the hips then raise the hips (with IK turned on) for the first frame.. ya might loose a little bounce in her step, but its hardly noticable..

Jim Burton ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 12:39 PM

(The outfit is part of the new Hi-Fashion Vickie set, but it fits SMV perfectly!) The morphs you are talking about might be mine, if so they just pull up the arch and pull in the toes like tight shoes do. Hi-Fashion Vickie's feet get that way by morphs, but I also had to move the centers and adjust (a lot) the joint parameters- it isn't a trivial task.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.