Sun, Oct 6, 10:21 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Looking to Simulate White Marble (Stone Nudity)

Vile ( ) posted Tue, 13 August 2002 at 10:36 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 8:17 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_19953.jpg

Eventually I had to do a nude LOL. Well I was also overwhelmed with the support and wanted to show there is a way to do nudity with some taste. Comments and suggestions are welcome.

EricofSD ( ) posted Tue, 13 August 2002 at 11:33 PM

file_19954.jpg

Lots of work you can do with textures. There are some great places to get textures and there is a texture forum here on osity. Worth a visit. Also, there's something about statutes with missing pieces and I think you can ditch a hand or arm to get that effect, as well as some bumpmap work on the rest.

Vile ( ) posted Tue, 13 August 2002 at 11:43 PM

I might do David and then venus after that. Thanks eric,

bikermouse ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 3:26 AM

Vile, I think serpentis put up a bunch of marble textures at RDNA. - TJ

SAMS3D ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 8:09 AM

Hey they both look great....Very nice taste...Sharen

lsstrout ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 12:17 PM

Possibly more gleam on the statue? The base has a nice little reflection effect, but the statue itself does not seem polished. One of my favorite nearly nude statues is the Winged Victory. No head and she is wearing something gauzy. I'd love a good replica of it someday.

Vile ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 12:51 PM

Oddly enough it is the same settings on the base as the statue. Winged Victory I might have to try that one as well.

Peej ( ) posted Fri, 16 August 2002 at 4:43 PM

file_19955.jpg

Vile, I am working an a technique to make marble a bit more luminescent/tranlucent looking by using a slightly transparent outer texture and a spectular/reflective inner one. This requires 2 models, the inner 98 to 99% size of the outer, but does not increase render time much. I do not have the process quite right yet. Attached is pic: left is the 2-model texture, right is the same texture on one model. To me, the left looks more marble-ish. IM or email me if you want the textures. I'd post 'em here, but like I say, I am not sure they are quite right yet. Peej

Vile ( ) posted Fri, 16 August 2002 at 11:13 PM

Maybe not the texture but definately the settings this is more along the lines of what I was wanting to do.

Peej ( ) posted Fri, 16 August 2002 at 11:42 PM

file_19956.jpg

OK. Here are the outer settings.

Peej ( ) posted Fri, 16 August 2002 at 11:43 PM

file_19957.jpg

............and here are the inner ones. Have fun and good luck!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.