Sat, Sep 21, 3:16 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: humming birds

RJH ( ) posted Mon, 19 August 2002 at 1:54 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 2:41 PM

file_20697.jpg

After 3 days of standing and feeding i was able to get close enough for this shot

RJH ( ) posted Mon, 19 August 2002 at 2:25 PM

file_20698.jpg

pic 2

cat_amaris ( ) posted Mon, 19 August 2002 at 2:55 PM

Patience certainly pays off huh? Lovely shots - but I prefer the first :) Love Cat xXxXx

Misha883 ( ) posted Mon, 19 August 2002 at 5:26 PM

Very nice! These little guys are quick.

Michelle A. ( ) posted Mon, 19 August 2002 at 5:39 PM

Nice shots!!! I am curious though....in the first image I see like an odd band straight thru the middle of the image...was this scanned or from a digital camera? And in the second was this a crop of a much larger image...because it looks like there is bright band of pixels around everything...and I'm wondering if this is just from being enlarged a great deal or just from being over sharpend.....not a criticism just my curiosity killing me....

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

RJH ( ) posted Mon, 19 August 2002 at 9:46 PM

Michelle both of these shots are untouched straight out of my mavica fd91. The band if it is the one right behind the bird is the joint of the boards but being behind the bird by some 3 feet is out of focus.

starshuffler ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 4:50 AM

Hey, welcome back RJH!!! :-) Long time no post. These are kewl shots. Your shutter speed must be fast to capture those wings. I also see the band Mich was referring to. It's a straight horizontal thingy. (If it were scanned I'd say they were scan lines.) It can be easily fixed with a little bit of cloning though. (*

RJH ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 8:00 AM

2500 or 4000 can't remember for sure and yes it has been a long time. Not 2 sure about that band i see it now in the class of the feeder. Maybe a glitch on the disk as it was recording??????

Michelle A. ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 8:08 AM

Yup that's the one line i was talking ....odd....still I am always amazed by the capture of hummers....they are too damn quick for me...

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.