Thu, Sep 19, 9:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Size of Sun disk/halo?

evilded777 ( ) posted Mon, 19 August 2002 at 7:06 PM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 9:11 PM

Greetings all, bit a newbie here, only been really using Bryce for a few weeks even though I have owned it for a few years (yes, yes, what WAS I waiting for?). I've run into a little problem that I can't seem to find a solution for. I've built a sky and water sunset scene, and I want the sun in it, but the size of the sun is just too darn big. I have the tried the Sky Lab, but all I can do is make the sun bigger there and no matter how far I move the view, the sun remains too large. I need the clouds and the water to be the focus of the image, not the sun. Anyone have any suggestions? Am I missing something? TIA Robbie aka Chariot

lore ( ) posted Mon, 19 August 2002 at 9:20 PM

well my first guess would be maybe start with a smaller sun? start with a different sky preset and work from there? i have never found a problem with the sun size using the resizing controls in the sky lab.

EricofSD ( ) posted Mon, 19 August 2002 at 9:31 PM

There's lots of adjustments in skylab. Post an image and maybe we can help. Here are some tips... 1) You can reduce the disk size and/or horizon illusion or completely turn off the sun/moon size in the SUN MOON tab of the skylab. 2) Turn off volumetric world in the ATMOSPHERE tab. 3) Move your camera in and set a wider field of view. If none of those work, then like lore says, try a different sky.

FWTempest ( ) posted Mon, 19 August 2002 at 11:00 PM

yup... probably got the horizon illusion setting a bit high...

evilded777 ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 3:54 AM

file_20736.jpg

Hey thanks for making a guy feel wlecome! Would not have thought trying with a different sky preset... I will give that a try. In the sky lab, I have sun/moon size off completely, as well as volumetric world. Move the camera in? .... Well, not that I think about it, makes sense. I'll give that a try too. Thanks again, very much appreicated. Robbie

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.