Sat, Sep 21, 2:47 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Poser to Bryce

Yunas_Guardian ( ) posted Sat, 24 August 2002 at 2:42 AM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 2:41 AM

Aiee. This has happened to me before, but the past solutions are fixing it. When I try to import a Poser figure into Bryce I get this 'out of memory' error. It is very odd. I've used these figures before in the same fashion. I can't figure it out. I'd like to know what to do because I know it happens to other people. Thanks a lot in advance.

Yunas_Guardian ( ) posted Sat, 24 August 2002 at 2:43 AM

Error. I meant in the first line "the past solutions are NOT fixing it". Aye...

madmax_br5 ( ) posted Sat, 24 August 2002 at 3:04 AM

maybe you have too many applications open in the background. Make sure to try and only have bryce running.

joke ( ) posted Sat, 24 August 2002 at 3:37 AM

Which format are you using? Use OBJ format. Failing that try 3DS or even DXF. The last too have to be smoothed after import.

Rayraz ( ) posted Sat, 24 August 2002 at 8:10 AM

Truespace format imports very quick in bryce. it seems like a breeze for bryce to import these. Can poser export to truespace format?

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Erlik ( ) posted Sat, 24 August 2002 at 9:23 AM

Nope, Rayraz. but the problem might be in Poser itself. It's possible that a file got damaged, so everything gets out badly. The reinstallation might help. Or the models are simply too big for the memory of the computer, especially if too many programs are open at the same time.

-- erlik

Yunas_Guardian ( ) posted Sat, 24 August 2002 at 10:32 AM

I exported it as an OBJ. It was only 33 MBs. I might try a few other things, but I am fairly certain it isn't a memory problem. It these "unexpected errors" that bug me. Sometimes it says out of memory, but it has nothing to do with that.

Tintifax ( ) posted Sat, 24 August 2002 at 3:52 PM

Hi, I'm new to Bryce, but maybe I found an answer in a tutorial: http://hamfast.bryce-alive.net/tutorials/scalecube/scaletut1.html Maybe this explains your problems... - Tintifax

EricofSD ( ) posted Sat, 24 August 2002 at 4:05 PM

On rare occasion when getting error messages, I found that opening the file in 3dexploration and resaving it fixed the problem. If its a polygon issue, that program helps a lot, though you shouldn't have such a problem if it was all poser (unless you imported some prop into the scene).

thgeisel ( ) posted Sun, 25 August 2002 at 3:55 AM

Had the memory problem myself in the past.Could only import things with a filesize about 10 Mb.If things were bigger, i had to export them seperatly and rearange in bryce. Since in use windows XP those problems are gone.

Phantast ( ) posted Mon, 26 August 2002 at 10:11 AM

Yes, I've had this problem with some .objs larger than 10 mb, and the only solution is to break them up into pieces. Enclose each piece in the same large box. Import all the boxes plus contents, delete boxes, and you're done. I know this is a problem in B4 - is it any better in B5? Also, I wish programs could give more accurate error messages. It doesn't seem to be a memory issue.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.